memory dividers

SirLink

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suddenly my 133 divider doesnt want to work anymore either, currently running at 312x9 memory with 100mhz divider, the dividers dont really matter its more about the max clock, the difference between 100 and even 1:1 are really minimal, its all about the mhz.

312x9 @ 1.55vcore keeps failing prime so i think i have to give it that etc bump, i dunno, cant decide.

sirlink-I know my opty in my sig is pretty picky about dividers but i have had a little better luck on the 704-2bta bios. Overall i would have to say it is my personel choice for bios but every build is different. One other thing that helped me get my 140 divider working was a little nudge on the cpu voltage with the special vid control. I think it's because of the on die memory controller but that is just some things to check out. Good luck on getting it working bud.

Only if u want a crispy fried chip my man:eek:, seriously 1.6 on air is pushing it. If you pushed that kinda voltage through it on water or phase it's a different story but i wouldn't go above 1.65 even with a really nice aircooler. You never know it might survive it but could fry it as soon as the bios finished loading, I push the chip in my sig to the aircooling limit on my xp-90 but would never give it anymore than 1.65 and that is only for superpi run's @3240. Most people around here keep about 1.55-1.6 as their highest voltage to push on air and i dont think any of us run that all the time.

1.612 in my opinion that's ok but i would try to find a happy medium between clock and volt's for 24/7 use. The first thing i do after i test at stock for stability is find max cpu with stock volt's and work my way up from there. after i find my true overclock then i tweak on my ram which sometimes mean's dropping the htt a couple to keep everything totally stable. Have u read thunda's overclocking guide? Full of great information and helps to learn alot about how the a64 work's.