memory dividers

SirLink

I don't exactly understand your question, but CPU speed is always king. so if you need to use a lower divider to get the ram stable, then do it. adjusting MAL and RP should allow you to use ANY of the dividers, including the ones that are not working for you right now.

what model RAM sticks do are you running? they should be stable over 233mhz with proper timings unless they are value rams...

Well they didn't work for me either...

Thing is everything seems stable at 311x9 with mem150 (ddr465), or 300x9 mem150 (ddr 435), but memtest reports errors...

So with out getting the dividers to work i am faced with running 2.8GHz with Ram at 310DDR, or running 2.6GHz and Ram at 435DDR... :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.8ghz FTW!!:D

Okie... That's where I am now... Guess I will either have to upgrade the ram to DDR500 or figure out how to get that 133 divider working... In the mean time, if you think I am better off with 2.8 and ram310ddr... than that's where I will stay! :) Thanks for the input...

sirlink did you try the 140mhz divider or the 100mhz divider, those were the only 2 that would work for me. If i were you i would try the 100mhz divider.

yeah, The 140 would not boot for me... And the 100 is what I am running now... That's why my ram is only DDR310...:(

well ive got some good news, i was priming at 312x9 with the 140mhz divider which is like 216mhz on the ram, and i went to watch tv, get a drink etc, came back, and my screensaver froze, your thinking "why is this good" because, i rebooted, went into the bios and said "hell i will try the 133mhz divider again" and what do ya know, it worked, completely random, couldnt get it to work before, but now it does. sirlink try downloading a64info run it, and then restart, and use the 133divider, i no its not logical, but it worked for me.

well ive got some good news, i was priming at 312x9 with the 140mhz divider which is like 216mhz on the ram, and i went to watch tv, get a drink etc, came back, and my screensaver froze, your thinking "why is this good" because, i rebooted, went into the bios and said "hell i will try the 133mhz divider again" and what do ya know, it worked, completely random, couldnt get it to work before, but now it does. sirlink try downloading a64info run it, and then restart, and use the 133divider, i no its not logical, but it worked for me.

Hey at this point I'll give anything a try! :) lol :rolleyes: