Sign in to follow this  
SirLink

memory dividers

im currently using 312x9 @ 1.55volts*104 with 1.3lid, and 1.6chipset voltage. 2.5-3-3-8 at a 100mhz divider because thats all that will show in cpu-z. Im going to try what hawkeye fan said so i can get that memory up there because now im only running at 156mhz instead of closer to 200mhz.

well i just went into my bios and it seems my MaxAsynchLatency and ReadPreamble are both set to auto. My Dram Response Time was set to normal, but i changed it to slow and still no go on the dividers. Im currently using the 140mhz divider, but it still wont show in cpu-z.

ok so which is better though... higher cpu and underclock the ram or lower cpu and overclocked ram? assuming both are stable 311x9 is totaly stable, but ram is running at 100mhz less than rated. I am memtesting the second option now...

are you saying you would run the ram slower in favor of the extra 100mhz on the cpu?

I don't exactly understand your question, but CPU speed is always king. so if you need to use a lower divider to get the ram stable, then do it. adjusting MAL and RP should allow you to use ANY of the dividers, including the ones that are not working for you right now.

what model RAM sticks do are you running? they should be stable over 233mhz with proper timings unless they are value rams...

i just downloaded ntune and it is showing my memory at 621.563 ddr mhz. My ram is rated for ddr 400mhz....how am i even in windows right now lol, i really need to get a divider thats going to work. Also, how did my ram pass over 40 passes of memtest at this speed?

ok so im priming at 312x9 and decided to just stick with the 100mhz divider which puts my ram at a measly 157.5mhz. I dropped my max async latency and my RP all the way down to the lowest settings, i believe it was 15 nano seconds, and 9 or 9.5 nano seconds, and still the dividers wouldnt work. Any other ideas?

killerkid-The 7/10 140 ram divider has issues with reporting correctly but if u grab a64info it seem's to show the actual speed it's running at. cpuz doesn't even report a memory frequency for me with that divider. Do not use ntune to do anything besides monitoring temp's and speed it has been known to kill boards (u guy's probably know that but figured i would mention it.)

I don't exactly understand your question, but CPU speed is always king. so if you need to use a lower divider to get the ram stable, then do it. adjusting MAL and RP should allow you to use ANY of the dividers, including the ones that are not working for you right now.

what model RAM sticks do are you running? they should be stable over 233mhz with proper timings unless they are value rams...

ok... well that's kinda what i was asking :) let me try and play with these settings you suggested, and I'll let you know...

the ram is OCZ PC-3200 EL Titanium 2 sticks of 1gb...

killerkid-The 7/10 140 ram divider has issues with reporting correctly but if u grab a64info it seem's to show the actual speed it's running at. cpuz doesn't even report a memory frequency for me with that divider. Do not use ntune to do anything besides monitoring temp's and speed it has been known to kill boards (u guy's probably know that but figured i would mention it.)

I never use any software to mod settings, if that's what you mean... :) I don't trust it... But it is good to know that! :)

oc newbie, i grabbed a64info v0.5 and it looks like its showing the correct speed. It has my memory speed at 216.03, so im sure im going to need to run memtest to insure that this is stable. Im currently priming at [email protected]*104% with 1.3ltd, 2.8vdimm, 1.6chipset. So far everything good, temps dont rise above 50c on load.

Most people don't like anything over 50 but my ambient temp's have been so hot mine will hit about as high as that. I also have a backup chip sitting around so i am pushing more than alot of people. a64info looks pretty good dont see anything jumping out at me but never had that ram.