Watercooling my $19.99 case (t_ski's version)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. An interesting story - the largest plane in the drawer (jack plane, I believe) is, like most of the other woodworking tools, and antique. It uses two screws to hold the back handle onto it. Well, when I received it the shorter screw at the front of the handle was missing. The plane is so old that the screw thread pitch is no longer used!. They are something like #12-18. I took it everywhere I could trying to find a screw for it, finally ending up at a specialty store that sells only fastening devices, where one of the emplyees was able to figure out the problem. Ended up having to drill it out slightly and tap it with something standard. Can't wait to use it now ;)

No, as stated a couple posts up it is going to be a high-gloss black.

I think I'm done with the top being painted, and I managed to cut the fan holes in the side panel. I have not cut the window yet, but it's not a priority as of yet. I need to get the major work done to the chassis so I can move into it, the I can always go back and finish the side panels.

I would really like to get a DangerDen fill port res, but I'm not sure where I can mount it.

:eek:

No, as stated a couple posts up it is going to be a high-gloss black.

I think I'm done with the top being painted, and I managed to cut the fan holes in the side panel. I have not cut the window yet, but it's not a priority as of yet. I need to get the major work done to the chassis so I can move into it, the I can always go back and finish the side panels.

I would really like to get a DangerDen fill port res, but I'm not sure where I can mount it.

There's not enough room in that gigantic case? WOW?

There isn't any room on the top with the rad the way it is, so the only thing I can think of is putting the fill port on the divider between the mobo and the PSU. I'll have to see what that looks like as things go by.

Here's today's update:

I got the top painted as much as I'd like it to be. It's not a perfect finish, but it's very dark and shiny.

dsc04522ab4.th.jpg

Also, here are the two fan holes cut in the side:

dsc04523kj4.th.jpg

The good news for today is that the modder's mesh arrived. Here's a couple shots for you:

dsc04524kz7.th.jpg dsc04525aa3.th.jpg Just a mock-up there to see what the sides might look like.

The mesh has a flat black finish on it, so after cutting the pieces to size I hit them with a coat of the gloss black:

dsc04530rk4.th.jpg

To mount the mesh in the back of the chassis and in the mobo tray I decided there's nothing better to use than JB Weld:

dsc04526kl1.th.jpg dsc04527an5.th.jpg dsc04529qo5.th.jpg

dsc04528oe7.th.jpg That's my leg reflecting in the top of the case!

As Norm always says, you can never have enough clamps!

That's probably all I'll get done for today. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow, but any progress will be posted as usual. ;)

Guest kingsfan

i received mine just the other day, i should've checked the dimensions first cause based on the placement of everything inside it looked bigger than my current case, it's actually slightly smaller...same height though so i might just do something with it, i'll keep an eye on this thread cause your work looks great t_ski!

I looked before I bought the case on the website and could not find any dimensions listed. I went to the logisys website and couldn't even find the case. I googled and searched for reviews of the case and only found links to forums where people were telling about the deal, saying they were thinking of getting one, or only a couple where people had them.

I didn't get much done today. I sanded the front and painted it, and did the same for the bottom of the case. The mesh has turned out nicely. I did pick up some chrome tape (soundx98's idea) that I might try in the case somewhere. I also did a little trimming on the mesh that goes by the side 120's. I'm thinking I might just get another radgrill 240 to match the 360 I plan on buying for the top. That would help create more of a seamless design theme.

Probably won't get anything done until Monday, as the weekend's here, I have work to do on the bathroom, and maybe the new car will be ready to pick up tomorrow. No pics for today, but I'll take some finished pics of what I did today when I do the next modding on Monday.