Sign in to follow this  
Vanne

LP UT-ultra-d mod to SLi, need help.

Hi guys, as you can see from my sig, i did the Hard-mod to SLi on my little Ultra-d. The mod went fine and was using the mobo with one gtx for about 3 weeks. Alls well and happy.

Then my SLi bridge arrived in the mail and it was time to chuck the other card in there. After an initial scare that the bottom cards fan was on continuesly, the guys here told me that was normal and it was as after installing the nvidia drivers, it all worked fine. SLi detected and set up in winxp pro (no service pack)

While benching, in 3dmark06, the cimputer locks up on the loading screen for the cpu test. :confused:

so iam in the bios checking all the settings, and what not, now while looking at a lot of posts, they have to the PCI-e se to 8-4-NC-8.

in my genie bios, i cant change that setting. and its set to X8 NC X8 X4 ??????

whats going on here?

I also set my bios to SLi broadcast to Auto.

also of note is that i can complete 3dmark03, but then the screen isnt responsive and has black boxes all over it.:eek:

any help would be much appreciated

now while looking at a lot of posts, they have to the PCI-e se to 8-4-NC-8.
That's only a setting on the "expert" boards, for the regular boards you need to manually move the jumpers (like Lowboy said).

So there are other jumpers that need to be moved besides the ones in between the 2 PCI-e slots that go from Single to SLi?

where are they located?

i guess i should have added that in my original post that i moved the jumpers to SLi, (2-3) all the rows.

also, iam gonna swap the cards around and clear the cmos for 10 mins. maybe that will do something...

The only jumpers on the Ultra-D that have to be moved are the six in between the 2 PCI-e slots. You also might launch windows and open the nvidia control panel to make sure you have sli enabled there also or that it is automatically recognized. I know its frustrating but as long as your bios is showing sli, you are on the right track.

hehehe, all sorted, the DFI UT ultra-d when modded to SLi shows X8 NC X8 X4. no mater what ive done, it cant be changed. I also recon this is what its supposed to say (maybe the bios string ($) is back the front.) at any rate, ive got it sorted now and it kicks butt.

9324 3dmarks in 06

also the funny thing was that it was corrupting something in order of the PCI-e lane, and works perfectly when setting the PCI-e bus to 115mhz.

Temps seem to be stable, but the GPU1 seems to run about 7 degrees hotter than gpu2

at any rate, its finally all nice and stable. :)