new to dfi sli-d

ok so i'm a nooooooob but i finally saw the light and came over to the good side

so was wondering what the best bios is for this board as i want to oc my 148 i have 2 gb ocz 4000 gold gx xtc ram and maybe a little nudge in the right direction for mem timings

thanks guys adn i did sorta go thru the stickies and the raid tutorial was a life saver

tom

The best bios is whatever works for you. There aren't any performance differences.

I hope that you're not trying to use that AGP card with the SLI-D

Look through the OCDB to get a start with figuring out the best timings for your memory.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Just do a search for your memory in socket 939.

Oh, where are my manors...

Welcome to DFI-street. Hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to look through the links in my sig, primarily the DFI overclocking guide and initial build. They're very helpful and extremely self explanatory.

ok so i'm a nooooooob but i finally saw the light and came over to the good side

so was wondering what the best bios is for this board as i want to oc my 148 i have 2 gb ocz 4000 gold gx xtc ram and maybe a little nudge in the right direction for mem timings

thanks guys adn i did sorta go thru the stickies and the raid tutorial was a life saver

tom

Welcome to the "Street"!

As stated by Crazy Nate, the best BIOS is the one that works for your requirements. If you want to flash it, however, here is a link to Tmod's CD:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...t=clearing+BIOS

Read the thread for more information.

I would use the guide to burn it with "CDBurnerXP Pro". It is free and works great.

As for good memory timings, I suggest that you visit OCZ's Tech website here:

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/index.php

I hope this helps. It is the best feeling when you complete the build and it actually works.

Good luck!

@crazy just a little triming of the card and boy did it fit like a glove but tha "grafix" are a little screwed up any ideas........................hehehe

@geekster i guess i"ll just use the ones that came with the board

thank you both for the fast reply

wish i could get the "grafix" ironed out .......hehehehe

Tommrussell

Welcome Back to DFI-Street

This is gong to be just a important a the motherboard, Recommended Power Supplies.

Here is a good link to read on memory; Recommended - RAM Guide for DFI nF4's. Look under (A list of good memory modules).

so what do u think of a pcp&c 850 thats what i put in after the 510 blew up on me

dude u cant advise peeps enough about proper psu's , try oc'n with a a$$fire and see what happens or a 300 watter

thanks appreciate the h/u

tom