whole new shabang part 2

dbilz

I previously made a thread called whole new shabang where angry helped me out with picking some new things. So I sat on it for a while and made a few changes.

I decided to go with the Gigabyte 3D Aurora instead of the CM Stacker becuase weight is an issue here, comparing 15lbs~ to 32lbs~. Also if anyone has or knows of some good mods for the 3D Aurora let me know =].

Im still getting the Evercool VC-RE with a tube of Ceramique since I dont want to risk using AS5.

Also ive decided to get 3 Globalwin NCB's for rest assured silence at a good price.

All of this adds up to around 250$~ with a few extra little things and shipping.

I was also looking into the fan controler's angry posted in my previous thread (Sunbeam 4chan Fan Controller) but im concerned that the fans wont reach. Ive never dealt with a fan controller before and I dont even know if it will fit in the 3D Aurora with the door closed.

Any recommendations to my list or help will be appreciated :) .

I recently just purchased two SilenX fans and they are not running at 14db...thats a certainty, I have two Antec 3 Speed Fans that at there highest setting will be as loud as the SilenX fans with the same CFM, and its got to be at least 30db....

If you already have the fans...well I guess you got the silent ones, but I havent had a 120mm fan that loud since my Panaflo......As for options using the fan controller...I would get an extension cable...someone is bound to sell one...

The quietest fans and actually are quite are Scythe Fans....the Silent series (good name) they put out like 49 CFM at db's much lower than the SilenX fans, or Antecs...However I have found that running the Antec 3-Speeds on the Motherboard, and controlling them via Smart Guardian has worked very well and kept my PC virtually noise free...

I figured the Ixtrema's were too good to be true -_-, so Im up for recomendations on that.

Yate Loons, or Nexus for silence. Nexus and Yate Loons are the same fan, but Nexus fans spin at a lower RPM.

I totally agree, the Scythe fans are really quiet. I can't remember, it may be the Scythe E thats a 800RPM fan, silent as anything. The Scythe F is perfect for undervolting as with Papst fans.

Greatly appreciated guys.

Any suggestions on a good fan controller that would fit in the 3D aurora or will the one I listed do fine? I have two concerns though, one being that the fan controller nobs will make the door not close all the way and two being that my fans wont reach. Watsonte said I could buy some extenders but will any extension do or is there a speific cable for a speific model?

Thanks for the links, I checked out more of the fans on SVC and I found these and was wondering if anyone would go for or againist them?
I actually bought one of the red versions of this fan, and I was very unimpressed. I would recommend cheapo logisis fans if you want LEDs because they move more air, can be made just as quiet with your fan controler, and have much brighter LEDs. I can barely see the sunbeam's leds with the lights on, and it's not much better with the lights off.