Need a new case

I’m looking for a computer case that is cheap (of course), provide good cooling, and quite (fan noise). My preferences:

-Price between $50-$70

-mid-tower (no flip out “front door” to access optical drives)

-Clear window on the side panel (be nice if It have a fan hole)

-1 120mm fan hole from the front that will blow air pass hard drive for cooling/intake

-1 120mm fan for exhaust in the back

-Easy install (use those no-tool type rail thingy)

-No need for PSU, I got one already.

I think I’m asking for too much here for the price so if you know another case that is a bit more or better let me know anyways. I like to see what other people are using. Thanks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any good full tower will cost in excess of $100, I say save up some cash and get a Cooler Master Stacker, they are excellent cases, and probably one of the most durable...and modable

Im saving up for my stacker arm. The same one that H_G and others have, the STC-T01-** (insert color code where * is, there are 3 different color schemes i believe) the only problem is that i can only find them for $200CAD as opposed to $125USD at SVC right now. O well, guess its time to save.

Between the words of the users that have this case and the reviews that i have read online, this will most definetly be my next case seeing as i want to jump into watercooling in the near future.

Oh yea, i just remembered. What about that $20 case that SVC has that Wangerin was modding? If they are still offering that, that would probably be your best bet.

LINKAGE <-- Can a Mod Please check if i linked this right to support the Street? Thanks:)

trust me, you want a full tower :) being able to actually put stuff in a case without cramming it in is VERY nice. i would suggest just going to newegg.com and start at the beginning of the cases category and using the search tools (make sure you are in the "guided search" and not one of the other two) at the top of the page to narrow down your search till you are left with cases that match your criteria. i dont know if this link will work, but it has some nice choices.

i dont know which tests you are refering to, but the stacker is versital enough that i am sure whoever did the test did something wrong :) my stacker is nice and cool with plenty of airflow. all depends on the fans you use and how many and their placement.

LINKAGE <-- Can a Mod Please check if i linked this right to support the Street? Thanks:)
the only bad thing about this case is that all the fans are 80mm (the top rear might be a 92mm, can't see the front at all). you would have to get the dremel out to get some 120mm fans in there. but for $20 it might be worth the fun to do it.

i dont know which tests you are refering to, but the stacker is versital enough that i am sure whoever did the test did something wrong my stacker is nice and cool with plenty of airflow. all depends on the fans you use and how many and their placement.

personally i've never got up an personal with a stacker they seem to have a big following the results i referred to were carried out by custom pc and pc pro (uk) using thermal imaging equipment and the such