Duel Processors

Whats the deal with duel processors...would 2 AMD Athlons MP 2000+ be better in gaming and stuff ,or would the 1 AMD Athlon XP 2200+ be better...also can you get a Duel AMD XP motherboard??? What would be the best duel motherboard???

In windows 2000 Advanced server, for dual processors you can have one processor run just the OS and the other Processor Run just programs. (it's all a matter of preferance). It's a sweet set-up if you can afford it(I used it first hand).

Their are only a few dual motherboards out for the MP chips. I think I seen one for the XP models. Like hiph said bragging rights. I'm doing a dual 2.4 xeon in two months just for something different. Gigabyte makes a nice dual MP board GA-7DPXDW :D

• 2 weeks later...

tyan also makes great boards as well. if you're an encoder or a server, running dulies is ok. if you're an average everyday user. then its not.... basically, only one processor would mainly be used on everyday accounts. on stuff like encoding huge divx files (lets say anime), then you'd need dulies

Or if you want to complete a lot of SETI work units quickly...

Or just to brag...

Or to throw up a nice server...

Or to brag...

Though, I'd have to go Dual Xeon if I was to build me a dual system. :P

And what is the deal with Anime? I know a lot of people who talk about it and/or watch it, but I've never found it to be that great or entertaining...

ok, i began watching ainme (sailor moon and don't laugh) at about age 7. After that, for like 4 years i didn't find any anime, then i found dbz. pokemon is gayer than an egg laying rooster. try watching the newer animes like azumanga (if you're weird like me) or if you like action try something like rahxephon. I love anime so if you need me to reccommend, just ask.

ok, quick question, what's the difference between a xeon and a p4? i was going to get a xeon 2.2 before i changed over to a p4 2.26

The main difference is the Xeon's cashe size. You can get them with up to 2Mb of L2 now I think. Greatly improves server side stuff.

As for dual XP boards, I doubt you will find any. An MP is just an XP with an unlocked multiplier, and guaranteed for dual processesor use. Most XP's will work in a bual board, with a bridge mod.

If you want a dual with performance and good looks, check out the Chaintech 7KDD. We just put 2 of them in, and they are pretty nice. Haven't had to deal with their tech support yet though, so I can't say much there. About as good (sucks) as the other manufactureres I would imagine. NewEgg has them for around $200.

Whats the deal with duel processors...would 2 AMD Athlons MP 2000+ be better in gaming and stuff ,or would the 1 AMD Athlon XP 2200+ be better...also can you get a Duel AMD XP motherboard??? What would be the best duel motherboard???

Yeah it would be great for gaming, if the game Supports it. Unless you plan on running a server, you shouldn't get one yet.