Sign in to follow this  
aspevacek

Issues with UltraII-M2

Ok, I am an early adopter of the AM2 platform. I have my system up running and stable, well sort of...

Anytime I try to start certain Apps the system completely powers off.

Some of the Apps are:

SP2004 - Orthos edition

MBM 5

Prime 95

Things that do not cause it to shut off:

IE

Battlefield 2

Call od Duty 2

3D Mark 06

SiSandra 2007 SP1

CPU-z 1.35

Super Pi 1.5XS

I thought it was the OC causeing the issue so I set every thing to stock, Yet still everytime I start one of the above listed apps the system instantly powers off. I was trying to test for stability so I could do an entry into the OC database when I discovered it.

If anyone has a clue please do share with me as Until I can get my meat hooks on the DFI LP 590 Sli there is no other Board to choose from :)

Some of those software are buggy. Personally I hate MBM.

Prime? Maybe it gets too hot? Also check ur affinity on prime... that can casue it to freeze or restart. Affinity 0 and the other affinity 1.

primeylg0.th.jpg

primey2qg7.th.jpg

primey3vn0.th.jpg

When I say powers off, it makes no mention in the error log as to anything happening. It shuts off windows like I hit the power button. I do not even get to the point of running the software. I really would like to run the stuff so I could set up an entry for the OCDB.

So it's stable except those programs?

I had put pics 4 u but they aren't there anymore... wat happened?

Pics not allowed?

he weird part is that it's only with those programs. Personally I have had that happen with MBM and various boards. Me thinks its a buggy program. Well on Prime make sure when u run both instances that they have there own affinity. T As for prime I think it might be the affinity thing. Make sure they are both different. Have one affinity @ 0 and the other @ 1.

Ok I discovered anotehr issue that is driving me nuts now. I have RAID configured. If I plug a 3rd and or 4th drive in on the SATA controller I start loosing drives. As in the board does not see them. If I disable raid and plug in 4 drive I only see the drives that are different drives? has anyone else had the issue or tried RAID on this board? I am not sure if it is just a Bios issue for the SATA RAID controller, I noticed the bios on the RAID controller is older or an earlier version then the one on my DFL SLi-D...

I bought 2 Hitachi Drives because I thought the issue was my Samsung drives but now I see the same thing happens there....