PC to plasma screen help

uneedav8

I hooked up a one of my old PC's to my plasma screen hoping to use this as a media center. The TV has HDMI and also a VGA connection. I hooked up the PC to the VGA port and the only time it gets signal is during the POST and Windows load screen.....right after that....it loses signal. I set the comp to the resolution and refresh rate that was recommended by the TV's instructions for PC output. Is it just the video card? It's an old nvidia....not the system in the sig. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks.

Maybe a stupid question, but with my old ATI cards that i used for TV output i had to actually activate the second display from within the drivers. Did you do this with your card?

You will need to use a monitor to select the proper screen resolution and refresh rate for the plasma.

Most plasma units have a very narrow window of resolution and refresh rate. This is why you can see some output during post.

Once you know the exact resolution and refresh rate you should be good to go.

As ExRoadie stated, plasma T.V.s do not have a high resolution capability. Some of the more common ones are either 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x768 (widescreen), or 1366x768 (widescreen).

Your best bet would be to get the make and model of the plasma then look-up the manufacturer's specs from their respective website and see what your monitor is capable of.