recommend me a good am2 socket m/b. thanks

Supercharged

been thinking abt getting a am2 board since my board could possibly be faulty.

i ahve no idea whether shld i get a ati or nvidia chipset one. or wait for something from the ati-amd :confused:

Super,

I would strongly urge you not to go any where near AM2 right now I have seen nothing but problem after problem after problem with the new platform! Do youre self a favor and stick with the stable and proven reliable 939 platform! I know this is not what you want to hear but Iknow a guy who works for OCZ and he says its been relentless dealing with the problems with the new nvidea chipsets. I would wait at least a year or until they put out revision 2 so to speak and let them get it stabalized before you even think about makeing a move!!!! Go check out the MSI forums I just came from haveing the DIAMON PLUS X16 SLI

which is awesome and rock solid but their forum blows munkey spunk!!! So on the shelf it went back up or probably server either or. You have no idea of how much people want that board back in production because why?? the K9N SLI SUCKS butt thats why its not MSI its Nvidea so better wait dude !!!! Thats my 2 cents hope you have a little better insight as why you shouldnt consider it right now.

I think the main reason you might not want to consider AM2 is the overall cost, memory, motherboard, and CPU....

If your tired of Skt 939, I say do what you will, ASUS is somewhat reliable and normally a decent route if your heart is set on AM2...

Instead of going AM2 though, I would suggest just sticking with Skt 939 and get another DFI motherboard if you have no warranty or possible RMA fix...I think you would be better off, most say that there is not a large difference between platforms....And Waiting for Ati-AMD...thats going to be awhile, something like 2008....

Brother Esau = smoking too much Clorox

if you want something decent and inexpensive, get the DFI Infinity Ultra-II AM2

I've got two of them and they are very nice boards...nothing flashy, nothing supa-charged, but they are great little boards and they do have serious overclocking potential

I can only speak of what I see and read as well as what people on the MSI forums and dude man at OCZ said to me!!! Cannot say about DFI but I would say that OCZ deals with all boards not just MSI ! Sorry Happy but didnt you guys just release you board? Regardless of what you may say Happy its not as stable or even close to it compared to the 939 platform and wont be for some time you youreself know this!!! I would assume better than me. But dont let me deture you Super I just gave my opinion that is all nothing personal towards DFI- MSI whoever

HAPPY_Games = Not smokeing enough clorox :D :D Nice to meet you to........ Happy_ Games ........ :eek: aaaaargh stop looking at me!!!!