Sign in to follow this  
tasr

What do you do for fun?

During the summer I ride my scooter as much as possible; Last weekend we did 325 miles. In winter I hole up and write or play video games. All year I do LANs with friends, drink, hang out, work on odd projects ranging from air conditioning to home LAN to brewing to sculpture to painting miniatures. I lend a hand as much as possible when I have nothing on my plate, learned how to paint houses, do drywall, electrical, shoring up old beams, etc...

I guess I just like fixing ..

Almost every week I still bowl, shoot pool, and either play volleyball during the summer or Wallyball during the winter. Whenever I get a chance I like to throw darts, ride my bike and play disc golf. I have a foosball table but nobody wants to play me anymore, so I only get to play once or twice a year now. I took down my ping pong table because I just don't have the room for it anymore, and I miss it. I watch a lot of sports on TV. Basketball, Hockey, Baseball and Football in that order. Every now and then I go to a game. I try to make it to at least one in each sport every year.

My brother plays in a couple bands, so I go to the gigs. I enjoy music, I guess I have my entire life. I've been collecting music in an attempt to create the ultimate jukebox, and my collection is still growing.

I used to go camping four times a year, including an annual canoe trip that lasted over 20 years in a row. Now that everyone is married with children, no one wants to go anymore. I'll be turning 50 this year, it's just getting harder to get people together.

Guest Milkshake
Hmm...what do I do beside play with computers...

Well... I like to play pool and darts. I weight lift. I like metalworking, welding and machining. I enjoy rock climbing, there's a really cool rockgym nearby in Albany. Hiking's fun too, but I don't do that often enough (too much class stuff)

I used to play a lot of sports (baseball, football, wrestling). Nowadays I like playing ultimate frisbee. Oh, and I love to ice skate, especially when RPI has freeskate hours :)

Hey we have a little in common ;)

I'm totally into the sport of olympic weightlifting, have my third meet coming soon. I like playing pool and gaming.

I used to lift a lot back in high school. Almost had a school record or two. Nowadays, I just try to stay in shape.

Oh, I left one out. I like to rip phonebooks whenever I can find 'em :P

Guest Neezer

I like to exercise. swimming, running, lifting....but i am finding that it is harder and harder to stay motivated for it now that i have the street and things.

I am starting to really enjoy my work lately. I am doing hypersonics research for one of my professors. Right now I am still just learning the software, but it is really fun. It is a program that makes grids for 3d objects so that you can use CFD to simulate fluid flows over the object.

I also have been pretty big into drinking lately. I am going into my 5th year of college, and I have a bunch of BS freshmen level courses left to take before i graduate, so I have been drinking 4 or 5 nights a week lately.....The problem is, it gets expensive.

Nate, you shouldn't drink so much. (Says the guy that got drunk for seven days straight on days off.)

I also have been pretty big into drinking lately. I am going into my 5th year of college, and I have a bunch of BS freshmen level courses left to take before i graduate, so I have been drinking 4 or 5 nights a week lately.....The problem is, it gets expensive.

I spend most of my spare time on pc's but still get time for my first love of guitar. Mainly prog styles like Petrucci/Zappa/Lifeson and I used to do audio engineering but haven't done much of that for a while.

I'd love to do SchH tasr, it's been almost 18months since my dog died so it's about time for a new pup. A couple of my mate's have dobermann's and I'm leaning towards one myself, SchH may be out of my range timewise, though I'm always game to try. :D

Guest Neezer
Nate, you shouldn't drink so much.

That is the exact same thing mom and dad said after I went up north with the hinz dog for the 4th of july and we drank very heavily 5 nights in a row. expecially when we were both drinking out of our own $3.00 of Honey Weiss at the fireworks.

05HardrockCompdiscsilver.jpg

Mountain biking (thats my bike^)

fishing, watching movies on my home theater, goin out to the bars, etc etc

Guest Neezer

Sdy- Did you do salmonarama this year? my cousin is from racine, and he goes out into the middle of the lake and catches 25 lb salmon from his kyak. this year he got second fo the unpowered division, but the previous three years he has won. I love to fish as well. I think I am taking a trip this october to northern wisconsin for some musky fishing.

Sdy- Did you do salmonarama this year? my cousin is from racine, and he goes out into the middle of the lake and catches 25 lb salmon from his kyak. this year he got second fo the unpowered division, but the previous three years he has won. I love to fish as well. I think I am taking a trip this october to northern wisconsin for some musky fishing.

nope, haven't done it...but it sounds like a great time

& you going up towards Hayward for musky?

Priority List

1, Highest: Sit in front of computer.

2, High: Sit in fornt of computer.

3, Normal: Outside.

4, Low: Kitchen & Bathroom

5, Lowest: Sleep.