What do you do for fun?

tasr

Yes, what do you do for fun, besides computers, overclocking and the Street?

I train dogs. My preferred breed is the German Shepherd Dog, but I like all dogs. I have three GSD’s and I mainly train in Schutzhund.

A brief description:

Schutzhund (SchH) is a German word meaning "protection dog". While this word may cause negative thoughts in some people, a properly trained SchH dog is a true loving family pet. This is a sport in which a dog team (1 Handler and 1 Dog) competes against other dog teams for a maximum score of 300 points. There are three levels of SchH titles; SchH I, II and III, also referred to as novice, intermediate and master level. This sport focuses on three phases; Tracking, Obedience and Protection each one scored to a maximum of 100 points with a minimum of 70 points needed to pass. One must obtain a passing score in all three phases in order to obtain a SchH and a minimum of 80 points in the protection phase to be able to advance to compete for the next title level. In a SchH competition all phases are done in a single day. Some people refer to SchH as the triathlon of dog training. It is an overall test of the dog's intelligence, endurance, agility, temperament and courage. In order for dogs to be eligible to compete in SchH, they have to have attained a preliminary title, the Begleithund Title (BH) (German for Companion Dog). For the handler it is a very time consuming sport done primarily outdoors. It is also very physical and mental challenging for the handler.

My favorite phase is tracking, usually done in the early morning in a large field. The peace a quite in the morning with the nice fresh air is very relaxing for me. Sometimes I'm to relaxing and I make the track to long for the dog. He is a very good tracker. O’well thought I would share.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a DJ, and practice hackysack.

we currently have one song that we are working on. I mix the song themes, background, and engineer the songs from scratch (which takes maybe 6 hours at best for each concept). My partner in this is a drummer and he creates the beats, rythems, and bass parts for the music. Although since I have handed our current song off to him things have been moving very slowly.

This will be a great thread, tasr.

Well, one of my favorite things to do for fun is being with my kids and grandkids. I know, that dates me!

My second hobby is music. I play guitar, lead and rhythm, and sing 50's music -- Buddy Holly, The Ventures, Elvis, and many other artists. Until six month's ago, I played in a band called "Back to the 50's. Now, I just play for fun. I had my time in the lime-light.

We also enjoy traveling to places like China. We went a 1-1/2 years ago for three weeks. We came home with a live China Doll. Our little granddaughtner. At the end of this month we are traveling to Texas. We get in the car and just drive.

This is the life -- RETIREMENT!!

Well, one of my favorite things to do for fun is being with my kids and grandkids. I know, that dates me!

Not so fast.

A guy I grew up with became a Grand Father at 29. He got a girl pregnant at 15 and his daughter gave birth at 14.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

i go outside, hang with friends, drink sometimes, watch movies

if no ones around ill just start soldering something