Computer Won't Boot After Shut Down

My computer has been working fine since October. Yesterday I shut it off and came home 9 hours later and when i push the power button nothing happens.

I first suspected the PSU so I tried a paper clip to jump start it and all the fans and everything power up, However the PSU fan will not.

When everything is as it should be the only light that is on, on the motherboard is the little yellowish one at the bottom.

I have also tried the power button right on the mobo with the same result.

To me this seems like a PSU issue since everything else has been fine.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

I belive what you are talking about is the 'cold boot' issue, expereicned by some here. Try cycling power from the PSU itself. Once the RAM light comes on again, you can boot as normal. I started experiencing this only recently as well, with my rig running smoothly for over 8 months. I understand that installing a capacitor in line for the FRONT power switch solves this particular issue, though haven't tried it myself.

Ziris,

Did you clear the CMOS like this; Proper way to clear the CMOS from a "No Boot" condition?

I think your answer is; DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED June 14th, 2006!).

Just creeping over the min watts does give you any room. Look at peoples signatures and see what they are using for these high end rigs.

I can list several recent threads of people using certain types of PSU’s that once they went with a recommended PSU their problems disappeared.