Sign in to follow this  
Brother Esau

ATTN: Expert Owners - I Need Your Input!

huuuuh? Not a problem with the board, its faster memory to help you OC your cpu.

Read this for a FAR BETTER description than I could ever hope to give.

Yhea I know I am just repeating what someone buying one is asking in anothe thread.
LOL. The expert wasn't any harder to tame than any other LanParty board I have owned. Best overclocking board I have ever owned, kills my SLI-D and Ultra-D and is looking like it will take my Opty to a 3.2 overclocking database entry. No complaints here.

All I can say is no probs without SLI....If you go SLI Here is My advice...

Use 11/02 Bios, make sure ram is in slots 2 and 4 and it rocks no problem, any other config/ bios is virtually unusable, my only drawback to this is my FX-60 comes up unknown but still does the job...

good luck

OK I think it's only fair that after the feedback from the people that posted on this thread and my own personal experience after purchaseing the DFI SLI-DR EXPERT board I just want to state for the record that this is a fantastic and perfectly stable motherboard and I personally could not be happier with my decision too purchase this board after getting the feed back from other owners. I will say that even though my PSU is not on the offical list I have absolutely 0 problems with my set up fully loaded with all components in my sig as well as others that are not listed and also sucessfully running 2.5ghz OC as well without a hitch! I have experience absolutely No Cold Boot Problems what so ever!!! As a matter of Fact everything that I have heard is hyped up urban ledgend ! This is the best motherboard I have ever owned ,and has every kind of setting that I could possibly imagine in the Bios!!

So too all of you EXPERT OWNERS I wish to extend a great Big Thank's for all of you're positive feed back.

Thanks to all that helped.....Biggest Daddy.....Brother Esau:)

O'K I am posting again because it will register this time. I was haveing problems with my control panel in the system but Happy has fixed that . So here we go any body new that has questions about purchaseing the Expert Board I started this thread to get those questions answered myself so my findings are as mentioned above in the prior post so once again thanks every body for helping out with you're imput.

You Know Who You Are!!!!

Campbell:)

I purchased an expert with a dangerous lack of research and experience from newegg. It was all but a random purchase and I basically purchased the expert because it was a little more expensvie and had that fancy word "expert" on it. I didn't know the difference and I didn't know about DFI's reputation for making great boards, so I guess I really lucked out in my misguided newegg adventure.

This is my first DFI board and I was coming from a socket 754 chaintech piece of GARBAGE nf3. It was sort of a baptism by fire when I first set up my rig and couldn't get th expert to work right out of the box (which everybody will tell you the same thing, that it takes some tweaking to get everything running smoothly). Well, I got it running and I have really enjoyed my expert. Its been a good overclocker and quite stable.

I've had some problems recently that were a little troubling. The other day the computer just shut down, which kind of scarred me. It happened again and I got really freaked out. Turned out, I looked behind my desk and like an IDIOT I had my PSU plugged into a completely full power strip rather than the wall, so I plugged that back in and haven't had the problem since.

I've seen people have some major problems with the expert but in all honesty I can say that I haven't had any problems that I haven't been able to deal with.

Guest akahai

Owned an Expert board for about a week, don't particularly like it. On the other hand, the Expert Venus is awesome. Still rocking after 3 month.

Built a rig for bud in December using the Expert.

It shipped with 11/02 Bios which I flashed to the E704 before I did anything.

OCZ PC 3200 Gold 1024M BH-5/UTT and an OCZ 520adj PSU.

2x WD2500KS SATA and an EVGA 7800GT KO in a Lian-Li V1000 with window.

Used both anFX-57 at 3.1G and a Optry 146 at 2.9G

Followed the tutorials and the install was smooth as silk.

Never used SLI but never had a problem.

Hear they aren't partial to TCCD. never tried

My Venus looked just like it, cept the caps were shinier :D

(changed thread title - it was little agressive)

After sorting out my cold boot issue (it was definitely the Enermax Liberty PSU) I have not had a single issue with this board. It was my first build and I did my research so knew what I was getting into with DFI and OC'ing. I read, read, and read some more before purchasing all my components and it has all been working flawlessly for 4-5 months so far.

I found OC'ing so easy I was left wondering what all the fuss was about. Granted I have not really tried to push it in terms of OC'ing, but then I have no reason to...my system is running flawlessly OC'd to 2.6 on stock volts and an extra 2-300 MHz is not going to make any noticible difference to me at this point...so why put the added stress on the system?

Sign in to follow this