ATTN: Expert Owners - I Need Your Input!

Brother Esau

Okay I will be buying my motherboard today from the EGG and I want all you guys that own a Expert board to speak of youre personal experience with that particular board and clear up all the hype surrounding the expert suburban legened. Is it a piece of crap or are you happy with it? I hear from people that own it that what you hear is nonsense and all negative hype and that it is a great board. So all you Expert owners lets get some feed back on this one.

Thank you, Campbell

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I will be the first...

I dont care for this board at all to be honest, I am desparately searching for a reason to get a new board, Im hoping with the rise of conroe and my first venture into dual core that I wont run into all the problems I had with my Expert Board...and if yah hadnt noticed Happy Games doesnt even like his! (I cant say hate because well I dont know how much he dislikes it), The board has had issues with SLI, Cold boots, Random Crashes...All of these I experienced as well as atleast 100 other people (definately more)...I would go with the SLI-DR or the Ultra D proven to work, and really if your not going SLI why bother with the expert...

Some say that the Expert is great and its those using it that dont know what they are doing, and yes some of the time thats the case, but after going through OCZ Highly Reccommended PSU RMAs, Motherboard RMAs, and changing configurations on more than one occasion...Not to mention the recent failure of my Nvidia Lan port...which I cant seem to cure...Noob or not....Bad install or not....to me its not worth the hassle and I have gone through 5 other builds prior to my last with the Expert board...3 others being DFI...

I am ready to get rid of my Board....6 months has been more than enough time for me and really I think you need to do whats best for you...If you like one more than another, forget the opinions in here and go with what will please you most...

I am a Carpenter by trade and I like to build things from the ground up. I took the same approach when I took up this hobby of building a computer when my wife banned me from riding a sport bike, that was two years ago. I started with a Pro875B for my Preshott and took it to 3.9 on air very stable. From there to Ultra-D, SLI-DR and finally the Expert. Not one of them ever gave me an issue that I could not solve with the help of you guys here on the Street. My Expert have used four different heatsinks, two on water, an Apogee and a DD TDX, two on air, an XP120 and CNPS9500. Four cpu's have been on it too, a Newcastle, an X2 3800+ and a couple of Opty 165's. I also tried two different PSU's on it and they both ran without a hitch even on my top OC as per sig, SLI too, Antec NeoPower 480 and the current one PC P&C. It also have gone through four differnet brands of rams. A pair of Corsair TwinXLPro, a pair of Patriot XBL, a pair of OCZ Plat Ltd. Edition and 4GB's of the dreaded Ballistix. I've even used SATA and IDE on it with Raptors and Maxtors and Seagates. I cant even count how many times I have flashed the BIOS chip to so many different ones, from 623-3 to Tony's 406. Believe it or not I have even used the Venus bios on it and it ran without a hitch, because I liked the Venus logo on boot up. Oh, yeah, also used a pair of Evga 6600GT on SLI, OC'd to the max with Nibitor, a BFG 7800GT OC also OC'ed to the max with Nibitor, and the current pair of 7900GT, vmodded and OC'ed 700/900 very stable. The only issues that I have had with it is that I managed to kill one of my Opty's because one of the rods that holds the Apogee in place made contact with the mobo tray and it just fried. A pair of Ballistix have had to be RMA'ed because they died. One of the XFX cards have also been RMA'ed because its deffective. That pretty much sums up what I have done with the Expert and it held up despite of my noobness. I should edit my sig because I decided to go air cooling all out and have the CNPS 9500 over the Opty.

Voltes-5 has pretty much said everything I would have about my Experts. I keep beating them up and they don't seem to care. Maybe I'm just fortunate but I haven't had any problems with them.

Im doing an expert built within few days from now - i own the sli-dr and the only reason why im turning expert is because I will have more room for sli - ....im not worried about the issues people are having with it .... you will have few boards out of a bunch that are problem makers, other boards will just do fine .... you can find the best motherboard on this planet, and there will still be people having problems with it .... i say go for it ... follow the instructions, be careful and just use common sense and you will be just fine

No real problem here. Intalled had a few hiccups because of bad components but it's working with a non-recommended psu and corsair ram (also had it working w/ cheapo corsair value ram also) people like to complain about. All is in my sig and was worth it for me.

Hello,

I am new to DFI motherboards as my expert is my first official DFI build. I used Asus exclusively before this project and I must say I still can't keep the grin off my face. This board has been a delight to use and tinker with so far. I would recommend this board to anyone who is looking to upgrade. It is worth it even though a few days after I bought mine form Newegg they were selling it with a $20 instant rebate.:cool:

If I was going to buy a new 939 mobo it would be the ASUS A8N-32SLI, OR SOME OTHER BOARD THAT HAS DUEL PCI-E 16X LANES, NOT 8X8.

Why would you base your choice on that. 8x or 16x doesn't make any difference.