AMD 4400+ unstable at stock settings

I honestly don't know what the problem was earlier, cause after I got it prime-stable for 14 hours, I lowered the voltage back to 1.35V from 1.4V, ran prime for 10 hours without any problems. I've just now started running it at 1.325V, and after an hour it's still going strong. I'll keep it running through the day to see what it does, and then I'll lower it again to see how low I can get it.

Oh yeah, I ran memtest tests 5 and 8, for about 20 passes each, no errors. I would have run the OCCT test Lowboy was talking about, but I don't know what it is or where to find it in the BIOS! D'oh! Stupid me. Please point me in the correct direction if you don't mind! :D

Thanks for all the help so far guys, much appreciated!

You really shouldn't be messing with any settings unless you are monitoring your temps as in post #2, that's why I put it there. MBM or similar would have told you your temps are overheating while doing CPU intensive stuff. I admit I didn't see that part about you doing memtest, but it doesn't matter because you never replied to what guides you used to build your rig, you never posted how you are monitoring your system with while you are testing. Just doing prime won't cut it, you have to monitor the system as a whole so you don't blow it up. You're lucking you (edited to include = didn't) didn't burn up your cpu. And that would have really ruined your day.

I'm not a noob at building PCs, just a noob with DFI mobos. I used the guides on this forum to build my PC, I use Everest Ultimate 2006 to monitor my temps and voltages, and I use Prime95 and SuperPi to stress the CPU. The CPU never overheated, it never went above 40C during the whole 14 hours of Prime95. And I have a fairly decent understanding of the dynamics involved when changing settings in the BIOS. And if I don't (since there are so many settings to change in the DFI BIOS), I'll ask. Me changing settings did not have anything to do with the problems I experienced. That's besides the point now anyway, since I've got it stable now. Ran it for 7 hours on Prime95 at 1.325V today without any errors, when I stopped the test. Tonight I'll be lowering it to 1.3V, to test overnight.

To answer all the other seemingly un-answered questions, the PSU is brand-spanking new, yes, along with everything else except the DVD-RW, and the RAM, which I kept from my previous rig. And no, I have not enabled cool'n'quiet, since there was no need to do so. The CPU is not overheating.

Thank you baaj for giving me a helpful answer instead of trying to be a smartass, and likewise for all the other helpful replies. So there is no confusion, I read a hell of a lot of threads, stickies and guides before I even touched the mobo, and did everything in accordance with what is recommended here on DFI-Street. Great support community! :D