Sign in to follow this  
tameone

can't enable S.M.A.R.T. for any drives

I can't get the SMART functionality to work for any hard drive, or I can't get any program to recognise the drives as being smart compliant. I enabled SMART in my bios. I have tried several programs including Everest Ultimate, but nothing works. For the love of xxxx I just want to read the internal thermal sensors on my drives :mad:

Sometimes S.M.A.R.T. won't work if you have a RAID setup. I tried enabling S.M.A.R.T. on my 2 HDDs in RAID 0, and guess what? No boot! So I'm doing the 8+ Hour CMOS clear, then when I get back from school if it doesn't work, I'm gonna try to remove and reseat/reinstall the CPU and everything else (it's reading 4 LEDs so maybe it's not reading the CPU right). At least you still have yours running. But not too many people have S.M.A.R.T. enabled and have RAID 0 at the same time.

I have the three SATA drives in my sig and they all support SMART. I read the temps with MBM5. The RAID set-up may be causing your problems. Try MBM5 and see if it will read your temps.

Also, the second boot screen will say if SMART is enabled for each HDD. If the message doesn't show, then the BIOS isn't seeing the HDD's as SMART capable.

SMART cannot read the drives if they are in a RAID 0 array

SMART will read both SATA and PATA drives.

my sata is very smart, but for some reason my pata drive wont spit out it's smartness.. never really put much time into trying to figure it out though

SMART cannot read the drives if they are in a RAID 0 array

SMART will read both SATA and PATA drives.

SMART is not as smart as it should be...

laughs