Sign in to follow this  
Badmonkey005

NewEgg just won my heart

I orderd a bunch of things at once one time. Orderd it wednesday, it came in three shipments from three different factorys UPS 3 day. The NJ shipment came the NEXT DAY, the TN shipment came the day after that. The CA shipment came monday (which is right on time since weekends aren't business days). I live in Vermont, and other shipments from CA have come in 3 business days. Very impressive for UPS. I havent really had a problem with the package being dented - besides my case which is a friggen beast anyway and can take anything. (gigabyte 3d aurora)

As for my Zalman HS/F - it says AM2 right on the front because there aren't all that many AM2 processors out yet. But it is compatable with a bunch of other sockets, including 939 - click on the link and see :D

I bought my sig from newegg. It was a first time deal.

When I entered the order, late at night, it didn't say if the order had been received, but I presumed that it had been received. The next morning, no order to be found.

I sent them an email message to let them know their system wasn't working correctly at night and they had me resend the order.

They placed a rush on the order, without a request from me. I received the order 3 days later, as if nothing had been wrong.

Newegg is a great company.

Guest Blooz1

That's why their sales for last year were astronomical!

After praising newegg in the past and NEVER having a problem in the past, Newegg screwed me yesterday!!! The person I talked with had an attitude from the first word. I think it makes a lot of difference who you talk to there. Now I'm pissed at ZZF and Newegg, where can I buy parts???? I'll have to change hobbies.

Oh well....:mad:

It's a long story but it involved a processor that was faulty. Someone at newegg wanted me to file a damage claim against UPS and I'm wasn't sure that it was UPS's fault. Newegg filed the clain anyway.

WHile all the BS was being sorted out I still needed a processor and at newegg's advice ordered another. Bottom line, after the smoke cleared, I wound up with an extra expensive processor that I don't need.

I'm usually good at dealing with businesses but after 2 hours on the phone, getting cut off 3 times and explaining the situation to people that wern't listening. It just wasn't worth the effort.

I've spent a ton of money at newegg >10K this year and was treated like . when I called yesterday. Having the extra processer is less important to me than all the runaround, smoke and mirrors and the BS that I got from the newegg staff.

Sorry to hear that man, that sucks. But they did it again! Man they are awesome. OK, so there is a sale that is only for this weekend... it takes 4 days for Paypal to clear the wire transfer from my bank. I asked them if they could reserve the sale price for me and the lady said that if the sale was more than 10 dollars off she would honor it.

w00t

After praising newegg in the past and NEVER having a problem in the past, Newegg screwed me yesterday!!! The person I talked with had an attitude from the first word. I think it makes a lot of difference who you talk to there. Now I'm pissed at ZZF and Newegg, where can I buy parts???? I'll have to change hobbies.

Oh well....:mad:

Ok it's time to make up with Newegg. I called today and talked with a supervisor and newegg compromised with me, in short, problem solved. Like I said in a previous post it depends with whom you do business. Today I talked with an older supervisor who made things right.

It's nice to have a company that you can trust.

:)

The egg has a presence in New Jersey because some items are shipped from the EU and it's cheaper to have them delivered to New Jersey than all the way to California.

Their presence in Tennessee is due to Memphis being the FedEx hub. By having a point of distribution right down the road, they save a lot of money on shipping.

They also save money by shipping bulk items to Memphis on back-haul(trucks that would normally be empty for a return trip) trucks for distribution.

Shipping could be a disaster for me living 3000 miles from Newegg in CA. Fortunately Newegg had the foresight to put warehouses in Tennessee and Nj, so many things don't have be shipped across the country. I've never recieved a package early and have received some a day or two late but you're right. They usually get the orders out promptly and 96% on time.

Newegg just shipped us 46 sticks of RAM. They came in individual boxes. So after transfering each individual RAM to a container they shipped our last batch of 30 in, I'm a little miffed.

Still, it's only little things with them. Overall my experience (and my employer's) has been excellent.