Sign in to follow this  
Badmonkey005

NewEgg just won my heart

A few weeks ago I baught an AMD Athlon x64 X2 4400+ Toledo processor for $455.00 from newegg. Since then, the price has dropped by a difference of $216.00 USD. Newegg has no price protection policy, and you cannot return the processor for a refund after 7 days. Yet when I called them about the price and how it upset me, they cut me a deal and have agreed to send me $100. Thank you newegg!

Guest area51

Wow...unusual to say the least. One of the few companies I deal with regularly that actually seem to care about making the customer happy...

An example of why they are my first stop when looking to make a purchase...

Another one I have been consistently pleased with is svc.com

Yeah Newegg rocks. I bought an Intel system about a week ago with an Asus board that just had major issues... And the board goes out of stock about 12hours after they get more. And technically the proc was more than 7 days old but I got it on day 6 from ups. They let me send the board (Which said replacement for the same thing only) the proc and the memory back for a full refund (no restocking fee). Took about 5 minutes, I was amazed!

Another place I like is frozencpu.com they answer emails about products and all with lightning speed (like minutes sometimes), have great shipping rates and since I live about an hours drive the $2.50 fedex shipping gets me my order next day. But their just nice people to deal with due to the product knowledge and quick responses to any questions.

And monkey I don't think the Zalman AM2 9500 comes with mounting brackets for 939... Unless that new AM2 bracket works with the old retention clips as well.

For a company that does the kind of volume newegg does, a hundred bucks here and there isn't a problem for them. Bottom line is they will find out how much profit is lost during a time period and then adjust prices accordingly to get the money back. They don't just eat the loss, trust me. They will pass it on to their customers a few cents at a time.

sweet! i wish hamburgers dropped in price like that.

"aw damn, may as well wait for the next generation of burgers with a 65nm patty manufacturing process, quad pattys, and.."

i need some sleep

For a company that does the kind of volume newegg does, a hundred bucks here and there isn't a problem for them. Bottom line is they will find out how much profit is lost during a time period and then adjust prices accordingly to get the money back. They don't just eat the loss, trust me. They will pass it on to their customers a few cents at a time.

Absolutely true! I don't have anything else to add to that except a total agree!

I spent about $10K at Newegg in the last 2 years, got me 2 stickers and a snazzy plastic pencil holder, which I never actually received. Other than their lack of consumer incentives, the Egg is great. I never expect nothing for free from a company so when I do get something, I usually really appreciate it.

After making the rounds shopping computer parts and going through the usual crap that one gets when ordering over the net, I've decided that Newegg is head and shoulders above the rest. THey are smart enough to realize the honesty and good customer service keep people coming back to purchase more products. Sometime you can find better prices but not by much but you can''t find better service over the net.

I'd done a lot of business with ZZF in the past but on a recent order they lied to me about having a certain processor in stock, charged my credit card and showed my order as "packed" when they didn't even have the order in the store. I don't like to be bull crapted.

Newegg's website is the best I 've seen allowing you to keep track of purchases and I trust the product reviews by customers there. I've written some really rotten reviews and Newegg posts all. THey don't censor the bad posts about a product which adds credibility to the system.

Most of all, I feel safe spending my money there knowing I can get a prompt refund if something doesn't work.

My only suggestion to newegg is to maybe consider working out a contract with FedEx for all shipments. I can't believe the boxes I've received from UPS. Wet, crushed, opened, lost etc. It seems that a little employee training is needed by UPS in package handling.

:)

the thing that sets newegg apart for me is their fast as hell shipping, there's no need to spend alot of money on shipping and it's at your house in 3 days or less.

the thing that sets newegg apart for me is their fast as hell shipping, there's no need to spend alot of money on shipping and it's at your house in 3 days or less.

Shipping could be a disaster for me living 3000 miles from Newegg in CA. Fortunately Newegg had the foresight to put warehouses in Tennessee and Nj, so many things don't have be shipped across the country. I've never recieved a package early and have received some a day or two late but you're right. They usually get the orders out promptly and 96% on time.