Sign in to follow this  
Paranoid_ESE

Support request please (5 threads merged)

Guest Gandolf

CPUz does not read my CPU right either. Right click my computer then click properties, it will say there.

Hi Happy_games....changed from angry?

Hi. I used to own a dfi Nforce2 board, and mainly bought the Infinity becaus eof the great support I got from you! The boards are great anyway, but the support made the difference.

I am new to the Infinity 975x/g. I have never used Intel before and I wouldn't mind if you could help me out with a couple of quickies and then I will cease to bother you:

I have a matched pair of dimms, how do I know if dual channel is working?

The easy overclock, does it adjust my voltages for me as well?

How do I configure the dual cores to work, say one for the op and one for games?

How do I check the speed my Ram is running at? Also, how do I know what the timings are when they are set to spd, does that mean they will run at 4-4-4-4-12 which my ram is rated as?

There are two pcie16x slots, which one is the best one for a single card? I currently have my card in the slot nearest the cpu.

I also have soem bios questions here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61764

Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks

steve

1. if you have them in the correct slots as per the manual (ie both white slots for example) then they are in Dual Channel mode

2. i never use "easy" anything. I only do everything manually. "Easy" usually means welfare and it can never be good.

3. you don't with Intel cpu's...you just let them run and Windows will figure out how to divide up the workload for the cores

4. www.cpuid.com = download CPU-Z and it will tell you a lot about your setup. SPD means that the bios on the board will set your RAM to the timings in the memory module's SPD chip.

5. either slot is fine since they are both 16x PCI-E

Thanks for the replies guys. One last thing. I booted this morning and got a found new hardware message for a "standard dual channel PCI IDE controller" It isnt working and i have nothing in my pci slots. Can anyone tell me what this is and how I can get rid of the message?

thx

steve