Sign in to follow this  
OtisN89

Help w/ sig, please.

I just tried to make a picture for my signature in photoshop. Its my first time using photoshop and using a picture for a sig. How do I get the picture in my sig? Thanks.

You have to host it at a image hosting site like www.photobucket.com. Once the file is uploaded you get 3 lines of code below the picture, copy and paste the one with the tags into the signature box. There is a link to all the vB codes used in the forum underneath my signature.

This thread might help a bit as well:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?p=563264

The maximum allowed size is 650 x 200 50KB, you better get it smaller than that, before you get it red marker all over it. Yours is 550 x 228 74.72KB.

Why is it just 50kb?!?! :confused: :confused: It should atleast be 100kb. Not many people with 56k or slower these days. And those who has it can select not to see avatars in the options. My pic is 50kb on the harddrive, but shows up as 64 here :S

Cause that's the rules. It's still too large of a file size: 63.39 KB (64913 bytes) Looks great though, want me to try to reduce the file size for you?

Mine

[ATTACH]5009[/ATTACH]

How does this look?

BTW, did you know there is a custom signature stickie in the off-topic section?

Edit;

I would contact a mod to make sure that sig is not too sexy. AceGoober is good with that stuff. He went for lunch like 5 minutes ago, but he should be around later.

Mine:

attachment.gif

Yours:

DFI_sig.gif

Barely noticeable, imo. Better than getting the big red letters across your sig.

Thanks ReelFiles, but it's to bad the quality has to be that bad :(

i usually consider myself a stickler for this type of stuff....but i can see little to no difference between the 2

edit:with that side by side, i can see the difference...but its minimal....

why dont you try making it a jpg?