Sign in to follow this  
iii9ix3

SLI-DR wont overclock

The system runs fine with everything stock, but when i try to bump up the FSB (with all other settings set to defaults) the system will hang at the moment before the "Verifying DMI Pool Data" message should be shown. Then after about 5-10 seconds the system reboots.

I have been able to boot into widows with a FSB of 201, but anything 210 and above(have not tried 202-209) it goes into the reboot cycle.

Any thoughts/ideas on what may be the problem?

Have you memtested your RAM? What are your RAM timings? You may want to run your RAM on a divider. and/or your ram may not want to overclock. Have you upped the voltages?

i have not done anything with the RAM. when i get back in town (im visiting some friends in my old hometown before i go to college) i will run a memtest.

the timings are stock 2-3-2-5 @ stock 2.6v

the timings are stock 2-3-2-5 @ stock 2.6v

Try bumping the Vdimm to 2.8 and see what you get when you raise the HTT. I would espect that you should be able to squeeze at least 220 out of that RAM at 1:1.

Guest BFG

Are you sure that the system was 100% stable at stock speeds?

i have ran superPI multiple times, 3dMark03/05 multiple times, and have played Serious Sam 2 on max settings for hours at a time all without any gliches. Thats what im basing my claim of stability at stock with.

as said above, its probably the memory divider, i forgot about mine and it had the same error, fixed but chainging the divider to a lower setting.

Have a read at the Guides before attempting to OC, most of the links you need are below my signature. apply the testing methodology of overclocking to your stock (not AUTO) settings first.

im going home today so ill use that memory divider. i had forgotten that i needed to use one in my haste to get the system up and running before i leave for college. thanks for the help

many users in our german foum point out the same problem occuring whenever using 2 sticks of 1 GB Memory each. I can't imagine, that every person including me makes it wrong. Especially because many of them want to run DDR 500 Memory on FSB 250 without any Ramdivider. Timings are to be read out of the SPD table. But also setting them manually has no effect. The memory wont even run in his own specifications. So it seems to be a problem with the board... Different Biosversions don't solve that.

MFG KJ

My RAM won't do 275MHz without 2.93v, but running them on a divider lets me run them at 2.8v and barely has any negative effect on performance.

Hmm i have only 2 of the 4 Powerconnectors connected to the Supply (The two ATX Connectos are on power), could that cause such a Problem. What is the use of the other two connectors? Any special, or are they needed in any case?