The Most Expensive 7800 in History....

watsonte

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite thing of all though...You will probably have enough time to pay off the credit card bill before you get the card....it usually ships in 6+weeks, you got a month to earn the $800 to pay for the damn thing...and thats before you would even get the card....

Thats hilarious! I've dealt with dell only once before because I needed a laptop for school and they will definitely try to sell you stuff. You have to be very aggressive at refusing stuff they want to sell you to make them let it go. I needed a simple laptop and since I have 720GB of storage on my main rig and the laptop is just for school documents, the stock 20GB drive was enough. The woman on the phone phrased it so that she made it sound like they will NOT let you into college without at least a 40gb drive :mad:

I told her to let me worry about the parts of my laptop and that if I decided to get a larger hard drive later, I'd get it from newegg for a reasonable price :rolleyes:

Dell gaming has always seemed like kind of a joke to me.

Love the way they price stuff. They'll give you cheapo parts for high prices, and if its a good quality part, they'll charge about twice the normal price for it.

And you gotta love $20 USB printer cables and $40 USB floppy drives.

We had a Dell engineer stop by to help with a Poweredge 2950 we're testing. He sez Dell bought Alienware, which was total news to me. So in a sense Dell and gaming isn't exactly a joke, although Alienware is like the company I work for: Subsidiary and independent to the larger corporation.

Alienware doesn't sell the cards seperate so I can't compare prices :(

Ya, that acquistion happened awhile ago. Think its just Alienware is owned by Dell now, but still doing their own thing, didn't seem like Dell was encroaching upon them too much or anything.