Sign in to follow this  
carholmes

3700 sandie steppings

Also, you may want to avoid the ones that have a disabled core (E6 revision).

When looking at the cpu specs, these are the ones that are listed at 1.3/1.35 v (Toledo core with one core deactivated/crippled) rather than 1.35/1.4 V.

Now that all the prices are dropping on 939 amd cpus im considering buying a 3700 sandie, but it would have to reach 2.8 and possibly higher speeds on a moderate amount of volts and on air. I'll be going to microcenter or fry's to get it.

So what are some good steppings that could reach my goal? I've heard that KACAE and KABIE and KAB2E do faily well. Can anyone confirm this or give me more successful steppings. Should i get BN or CF? Any tips you give me would be great.

I just got an Athlon 64 3700+ (KACAE 0605APAW) from newegg.com for a new system I am building.

I have read on other forums about the KACAE stepping which indicate that it does well overclocking (sometimes reaching 3.2GHz) on standard voltage and air cooling.

The link below has a well written article titled: What are the different 3700+ San Diego steppings and how do they perform? by Namrac

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/101138-info-...-san-diego.html

Some posts mention a "cold bug"; meaning that it does not do any better with cooling methods that are better than air cooling.

I hope to have the system together in a couple of days. I'm waiting on a couple of parts.

Be carefull when looking in the stores... look at the product codes.

When it shows ADA3700BNBOX its a real San Diego.

The ADA3700CFBOX are castrated Toledos.

I bought my 3700 from Newegg and was carefull with that and i got a KACAE 0552FPEW.

It works at 255x11 with 1,4V and with the standart cooler... i'm about to finish my watercooling system to try over 3 GHz.

Take a look at this link and you will see inmediately what i'm saying:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....Subcategory=343

Be carefull when looking in the stores... look at the product codes.

When it shows ADA3700BNBOX its a real San Diego.

The ADA3700CFBOX are castrated Toledos.

I bought my 3700 from Newegg and was carefull with that and i got a KACAE 0552FPEW.

It works at 255x11 with 1,4V and with the standart cooler... i'm about to finish my watercooling system to try over 3 GHz.

Take a look at this link and you will see inmediately what i'm saying:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....Subcategory=343

Hey Stinger, Did you "recently" get that KACAE from newegg?? I'm just curious what they're stocking currently.

Hey Stinger, Did you "recently" get that KACAE from newegg?? I'm just curious what they're stocking currently.

I bought this chip some months ago... exactly at March 27, 2006.

Maybe i should mark the date in my calendar... the arrival of my great love :D

:mad:

CABGE - Old stepping which is not as common lately. Just like the Opteron 146 CABGE they are in general bad overclockers which will usually only reach 2.6GHz-2.7GHz. Fear the cabbage!

I can tell you it's true mine does not get higher as 2.65 GHz, bought it june 2005

Time to get a new cpu

Guest caffeinejunkie

My kab2e was amazing. 3ghz at 1.525v(actual) was what I ran for the day to day and I could run every 3d app except 3dmark03 at 3.2ghz but it wasnt prime stable and it was a little to much voltage/heat for my taste but on water I could see it going very far and phase would be crazy if it wasnt cold bugged. I just sold my 3700 to BFG so im curious as to how high he'll get but really any of the steppings mentioned are good.

One of these days I will take my XP-120 off and see what stepping mine is. The reason I dont do this is because I had the hardest time getting the heatsink on and dont want to break anything. Plus its seated really good and I dont really want to mess that up. But I am fully stable at 2.7GHz on stock volts (1.35V) so I assume I got a fairly good stepping.

my sandy is stable at 11 x 273 at 1.56 volts on air

saying its stable means it dose every thing perfect all the time, apart from prime 95

i feel there is more in this core yet :D

Hi Guys just a question 3700+ or 144 opty ?? I have the 144 opty CAB2E 0545MPMW NIB. and newegg has the 3700+ @ 99$ that was what I was looking for before i got the 144.. Would it be better to run the opty or get the 3700+ seems like a good buy even just as a backup in any case.. just tossing that out there. I want to swap out this 3500+ soon and only want to mess with it 1 time.. Thanks for all the good previous advice on other issues..