X2 3800+ Steppings

You should leave the fsb/ldt alone.

On the DFI NF4 Lanparty motherboards, Oskar has designed the HTT/LDT Multiplier to Auto Adjust according to your clock speeds. You can still manually adjust the LDT multiplier, but we have always been able to leave it on Auto, even @ DDR600 speeds.

HOWEVER

On the DFI NF4 DAGF/Infinity and the DFI NF3 250Gb Lanparty, you MUST adjust the LDT Multiplier accordingly as it is not designed to Auto Adjust

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADA3800DAA5BV LDBFE 0625BPDW

I'm not having too much luck with my X2 so far (got it last week). Only got it to 2.65GHz, and that requires 113% voltage (1.5255). I hoped to drop the voltage to 110% and get a smidge lower, but even 2.62GHz wouldn't run at lower voltage. I've decided to settle on 2.65 for now and just deal with the 48-49C =/ Only thing I haven't tried is something crazy like 2800MHz 1.35v. Do these newer X2's clock like that?

I'm a bit new to the dual-core thing too, but really hesitant to flash my BIOS. Really I'm quite attached to the 704-2BTA! No problems with the dual core, but maybe a different BIOS would clock better?

Also, should the dual-core aspect affect any memory timings or chipset/LDT voltage, or any other setting that might have been stable with a single core but need to be changed for dual?

Previous chip: 3000+ Venice 296x9 = 2.66GHz 9:10 DDR533

correct me if im wrong, you don't need to flash your bios, you should be able to just use the cmos jumper to reset it and make it boot again. You manual will tell you where it is on your mobo.

i think he wanna flash his bios with another version so he can (maybe) get a higher overclock.... not how to flas the bios lol....

but yeah,@Xak,

there's really not much difference in changing the LDT or anything on dual-core thats gonna make a difference on overclocking, but the cpu itself will have different settings and limits than your single-core...

and not "newer" X2 clocks high on low volts... mine needs 1.525 to get to 2.87Ghz, others need about 1.4 only, and some really requires 1.65++...

id say the best thing to do is get the volt as low as u can, then raise it abit... if it errors out, add .025V, then try again... if it stills error out even after u added 0.1V on top of the original voltage u errors out in the first place, then it really is ur CPU's comfortable oc level... adding more volt IMO isnt worth the extra Mhz..... :)

ADA3800DAA5BV LDBFE 0625BPDW

I'm not having too much luck with my X2 so far (got it last week). Only got it to 2.65GHz, and that requires 113% voltage (1.5255). I hoped to drop the voltage to 110% and get a smidge lower, but even 2.62GHz wouldn't run at lower voltage. I've decided to settle on 2.65 for now and just deal with the 48-49C =/ Only thing I haven't tried is something crazy like 2800MHz 1.35v. Do these newer X2's clock like that?

yours is "LDBFE" = Manchester core

these new X2 3800+ are "LCBIE" = Toledo core with half the cache disabled

I'm also stable at [email protected]. Right now im on a stock HSF and i'm debating buying some sort of aftermarket cooling. I'm just wondering if it worth another 50 bucks for a CNPS7700 or a XP-120 for another 150-200mhz if that. Im stuck in the same scneario with my memory on the video card. Its running 705/1896 on the stock HSF just fine. I did the memory volt mod and maxed out the slider on coolbits(948). I'm not sure how much the 1.5v GPU mod with a heatsink will get me. Decisions.... o and LCBIE 4tw!

these new X2 3800+ are "LCBIE" = Toledo core with half the cache disabled

Need to find a way to unlock the rest of the cache :D unfortunately probably not possible...

i think he wanna flash his bios with another version so he can (maybe) get a higher overclock.... not how to flas the bios lol....

Any particular BIOS you'd suggest for Samsung UCCC and my X2? Maybe one by OCZTony :P

id say the best thing to do is get the volt as low as u can, then raise it abit... if it errors out, add .025V, then try again... if it stills error out even after u added 0.1V on top of the original voltage u errors out in the first place, then it really is ur CPU's comfortable oc level... adding more volt IMO isnt worth the extra Mhz..... :)

I agree, I want to be as low voltage as possible but still stable. And, well, I might be a little weird, but I want to keep my VID on Auto to take advantage of C&Q voltage drop and just increase voltage using the % increase instead of VID :cool:. Might try and use the manual VID to find the limits of this new CPU however. I think it has some more room to go ;)

I'm also stable at [email protected]. Right now im on a stock HSF

Well I'd say that's pretty damn good. What kind of temps are you getting with just the stock HSF? If you want to upgrade, I highly recommend the 7700-Cu (although it has to be removed on SLI-DR to access 2 DDR slots :P), or 9550 if you can afford it (and case has room).

sorry..newbie in Overclocking..

is there problem with my ram..

even set at stock/default setting. it show error at Prime95.

althought it does able to boot into window at

2.45 @ stock volt

2.65 @ 1.45v - error at Prime95 blend test few times.. but waas able to run belnd test for more than 1/2 hour before i shut it off.

2.85 @ 1.58v - Prime95 blend test sowing error. but Small FFT running for more than 2 hours without problem..

Guest caffeinejunkie
sorry..newbie in Overclocking..

is there problem with my ram..

even set at stock/default setting. it show error at Prime95.

althought it does able to boot into window at

2.45 @ stock volt

2.65 @ 1.45v - error at Prime95 blend test few times.. but waas able to run belnd test for more than 1/2 hour before i shut it off.

2.85 @ 1.58v - Prime95 blend test sowing error. but Small FFT running for more than 2 hours without problem..

Have you tried running memtest? You should run atleast 3hrs so you know for sure.

well i wish i have LP so i can use low vcore and the percentage :) but im happy wit my INFinity altho it requires abit higher vcore ;)

@Oats, good stuff, man!

@Xak

correct me if im wrong,but if u enable C&Q, i dont think u can overclock... well at least at my infinity board it wont... and no i cant recommend any BIOS ;)

@TweakFreak

id say u invest on a better HSF than stock... not much becoz u need to reach a higher oc, but to lower the temps so ur CPU can live longer ;)

as for mine, i finally crashed Prime a little under 6 hour at 2.87Ghz at 1.525.... currently trying 1.550... we'll see... if it still crashes, i'll go wit 2.80Ghz at 1.450 ;)