Hows does my oc look?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my vcore is 1.65volts and ive ran it on prime95 for 2 hours, but im gonna let it run all night tonight, is that too much voltage...

For me yes but, if your getting 51c load after 2 hours of prime then let it run as thats not a bad temp at all, will it not get to that clock at any lower Vcore?

yea after running 2 hours of prime the temp bounced around 51, but never went higher than that, but A64 info says the core temp is 61, is that too high

no i couldnt get that clock with any lower vcore, but what if i change my multilier, it is at 10 right now?..

yea after running 2 hours of prime the temp bounced around 51, but never went higher than that, but A64 info says the core temp is 61, is that too high

no i couldnt get that clock with any lower vcore, but what if i change my multilier, it is at 10 right now?..

Yes too high IMO.

Try running a 9x multi and see if you can get a higher FSB with a lower voltage, maybe - maybe not? But that Vcore is too high for Air cooling.

I think it was like this air cooling up to 1.5v and on water 1.7v. Over that volt could be deadly. I know that 2.0v kills the CPU

I personally never give the cpu over 1.5v because I have air cooling and I usually plan to run my OC 24/7.

ok im gonna lower the oc until i can get it to run stable with 1.5 volts, then im gonna look into a watercooling kit and then ill oc more, when i change my oc should i use a higher or lower mulit, or should i put it back to 12 which is stock?

ok i lowered the volts to 1.5 then lowered the FSB until it was stable, so now im at 2.55 instead of 2.7.

stableoverclock2552br1.th.jpg

im gonna go into the cooling forum and try to get some ideas for watercooling then im gonna overclock some more

Good job on that OC. Glad to see you've backed the VCore down, I first read 1.67 and freaked!! I can't believe you only got around 51C temps with that high of a VCore. Maybe I should have gotten an XP120 instead........I'm hitting 53C @ 1.6 VCore, lol!

if you look in the screenshot there are 2 temps. there is the one from smart guradian then there is one from A64Info, the temps have about a 10 degree difference, the temp from A64 info says core temp so where is the one from smart guradin taken and which one should i pay more attention too?