Call Display

Badams66

Ok, first off, id like to say sorry if i put this in the wrong spot....i couldn't really decide where to put it.

But on to my question, i know its possible for 56k or other dial up users to get Call Display on their computer, but is it possible for us broadband users to get call display on our computer?

Of course i don't mean, using the broadband connection directly, but by either using an internal or exteral 56k modem connected to your computer, but without having a dial up account?

I hope someone can understand that...i have trouble understaning it myself!

Good question...I have wondered the same thing... I'm assuming you are asking if you can get a caller-ID display on your computer...

I don't know...

I use broadband, but my system is plugged in to a phone line for faxes, etc....

caller ID on my box would be great!!

Hope someone can help

Thanks Axces,

but you do know that im using broadband, so i wouldn't be connected to the internet using dial-up.

I could be wrong, but i thought those ones only worked when you were connected through a dial-up connection.

• 1 month later...

Been A while, but what about using my computer as a phone using headphones and a mic? Im asking because i just got 2 older laptops and they have built in 56k, and i think it would be pretty cool to be able to use one as a phone (one doesn't work)

Is there a program to do this