Sign in to follow this  
amond

Total NOOB question

I am attempting my first RAM OC,was wondering how I can make my DDR400 run @ DDR444 speeds.I am using the settings from this link http://www.sysopt.com/features/memory/arti...12028_3587291_3 but it seems to me I need to do something more.ANY advice on what to do or what NOT to do is greatly appreciated.I am currently running stable @ 2.69,FSB @224,Divider @ 1:1.Thanks again for letting this noob post questions about this.I have read articles on memory overclocking and am still trying to understand.BTW.............THIS FORUM RAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another NOOB here but at 224 with 1:1 divider isn't he already at about DDR444? Just saying to try and make sense of it myself.

224Mhz = DDR 448 when using 1:1 divider. So yeah, he has already passed DDR 444.

so basically it is FSB X2 to get memory speed at 1:1 divider,guess I should of read up on it more.I am actually running at 226FSB now with 1:1 divider.timings are a little loser to get it to run but Had to up the RAM voltage to 2.8V.The Ram is staying pretty cool. Want to go highter but need to wait on new heatsink for CPU so running stock voltage on CPU seems like a good idea to me.Is 2.71Ghz on a 4000+ Sandy an acceptable overclock?Any more ideas or feedback GREATLY appreciated.

2.7Ghz is nice enough. You should be able to get higher though with a bit of work.

I have had 2.8Ghz stable but It became unstable after I adjusted the rails on my PSU.

I need to start again with my overclock, I can't be botherd at the moment though. I'm happy with just using my 2.6Ghz 'easy as pie' overclock for now

my easy as pie OC was about 2.66. Didn't have to adjust anything including voltages.I guess I have another question,would I be able to raise my FSB higher with a 1:1 divider if I got faster RAM?

Still more newb questions. So I read through the guides and followed the insructions and I got to 2.6 but it seems this is as stable a clock I can do with this hardware. One question, is it better to lower the cpu multi and raise the fsb higher like [email protected] x3 HTT and 8 Multi or 285 x4 and a 9 multi. taking into all other settings loose till stability is assured.