How high do I dare to take my Vcore? (3700+)

I currently have my AMD 3700+ @ 2860 Mhz, on 1.57 Vcore according to the Bios (1.552 according to CPU-Z and Everest), after 4 hours of Prime the temp never exceeds 45 degrees Celcius, so heat doesn't seem to be a problem. Maybe I should mention it's cooled on Air, with a Scythe Ninja.

I'll give it one last try. But which Vcore should I trust, the Bios one, or the CPU-Z/Everst one?

The Bios if you don't have a multimeter to use.

Personally I wouldn't go much over 1.55 (actual) on air...so you're about at the max right now in my opinion. Others will say different though, so it's really up to you.

Yeah, I'm pretty torn atm, been browsing some Swedish forums, and people there says that 1.65 is the absolute max on Air.

Just watch your temps. If you EVER peak above 50C I'd back it down. Also keep in mind how much it'd hurt to break your processor. I'm not saying it'll die at high voltage and high temps, but you have to be willing to accept (and absorb) the loss if it happens. ;)

Was hoping to hit 3.0 Ghz :)

We all hope to hit that on AMDs. :)

Unfortunately I don't think you're gonna reach it. So just be happy with what you've got...or maybe grab an opteron and hope for better. :D

Trust me... you'll hardly notice the difference in real life applications from 2.8 ghz to 3.0 ghz. The 3.0 ghz mark is more of... self satisfaction and degree of hardcoreness than anything else. Plus you'll have kickass benchmarks.

Trust me... you'll hardly notice the difference in real life applications from 2.8 ghz to 3.0 ghz. The 3.0 ghz mark is more of... self satisfaction and degree of hardcoreness than anything else. Plus you'll have kickass benchmarks.

Definitely true, my 170 (in my sig) didn't actually FEEL faster until 3.1+, but of course it wasn't stable at that point, unfortunately. But from 2.6-3.0, it felt identical. It's all in the braggin rights I suppose, but don't feel obligated to push her to soemthing she can't reach.