D-link router, networking troubles

accuracy001

Because I was recommended to keep all my questions on this thread, I had trouble with my SMC7004ABR Router..

Well, I had just recently reset that router. But this time when I was installing the router again, I could not even pull up the page to login to the settings on the "SMC Login" page.

It shows up at 100mb/s connection, but I can't connect to the internet at all.

The lights on my router indicate that all is well.

You guys see anything wrong?

If you have a firewall program, such as Zone Alarm, you need to give permission in your firewall program in the “Trusted Zone”.

The language in my router for the firewall is so beyond my comprehension, I’ve never turned it on, but I would imagine it would be very similar in your router. You would need to give permission for the “Trusted Zone”.

Guest Milkshake

It isn't a firewall issue in the router, routers already allow access to networks because they controll the network (they assign IP's and are the basis of connecting computers). The problem probably is with windows. You have to go to each computer and run the network wizard untill it works and at the end of the wizard enable file and print sharing. Worst case cenario, I ran the wizard and rebooted 5 times before it worked...

well i actually found this out.

Apparently the new McAffe software upgrade is a lot different than the older version, I didn't notice. because on my older mcaffe version, it would automatically let me connect to users...

I haven't even foudn out how to exit mcaffe yet, so i just end task'd it manually. then i was able to connect.

Wow their new upgrade is hard to get used to.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh and referring to my other problem...

It wasn't related to my D-link router at all, since the problem was with my SMC router...

I couldn't log onto the "192.168.2.1"

I don't see how getting answers on this thread about my D-link router, will help me solve my SMC problem...

Meh, I guess i don't mind doing it here, i had thought it'd just be more organized.

I will edit my first post here to my SMC problem.

It isn't a firewall issue in the router, routers already allow access to networks because they controll the network (they assign IP's and are the basis of connecting computers). The problem probably is with windows. You have to go to each computer and run the network wizard untill it works and at the end of the wizard enable file and print sharing. Worst case cenario, I ran the wizard and rebooted 5 times before it worked...

Excellent advice to give. I'd say do the same thing. Network wizard and do a

"ping "IP Address" and a "ping "Default Gateway"

of your Router from the other computers just to make sure that they are even connected physically. This is a Logical connection problem and should be sought out by Milkshakes advise first.

@ Happy - I think we should come up with a protocol name like HTPP 802.1z - (Happy's Thread Posting Protocol 802.1z) It's works with Wireless, LAN, WAN, and all frequencies. haha