Sign in to follow this  
uNTaMeD-4o8

waht os should i run for my comp?

waht operating system should i run???

just as everyone else.. xp professional sp2.. windows media center .. windows x64? heard hard to find drivers n waht not for 64.

or other os recommended.

i was thinking media center since i do play lots of music n waht not...

i also do major gaming.. soo my rig is for gaming n music and vids.

Windows MCE. Great if you have a TV Tuner and necessary if you plan on buying a good one. Does everything XP Pro does because Windows MCE IS XP Pro SP2 but with added Media Center Functionality.

From a pro side of things Get the Windown XP Pro. Home is also ok but has not many netowrking and other facilitys in. Windows vista is just a pain in the butt!!!!!

XP Pro mate ;)

']Xp PRO IT IS!!!!! thx guys

I still maintain MCE. Its cheaper than XP Pro while being the EXACT SAME PRODUCT but only with Domains disabled (but you can reenable them).

You may ask, why would Microsoft do such a thing? The answer is they wanted to spread into the Living Room from the Office Room. Thus, XBOX 360 Media Center Features tying in with MCE 2005.

If you ever wanted a TV Tuner. Its MUCH EASIER to work with MCE. Not VIVO, a tv tuner...