question about the Marines

jaap74

howdy

a woman i work with takes great delight telling people that her fiance' used to be a Marine...... thing is he's Mexican.....

question is : are foreigners allowed to become Marines in the USA ??

cheers

i didn't want to hear that !

i wanted to walk into work and expose her as a liar !!

oh well........ thanks for the info !

but no foreign president is allowed yeah ?? so Arnie has no chance unless you change the law ??

Just becuase he is Mexican, doesnt mean he is a foreigner. He probably is more a native here to this land than you think other people here should be.

What? are you saying arnold is mexican?

What? are you saying arnold is mexican?

lmao, now that'd be interesting/irony!

Isn't he going to a lot of trouble to crack down on border control or something?

btw, he's austrian...

Just becuase he is Mexican, doesnt mean he is a foreigner. He probably is more a native here to this land than you think other people here should be.

If the definition of "foreigner" being used is "one who is inelegible to be elected to the office of President of the United States due to his/her citizenship status" and if the person in question was born outside of the US to parents that are not US citizens, then, by definition, the person in question is a foreigner. From the flow of this conversation, I would say that both are true.

I think it's BS Arnie can't run for president, no matter his political standpoint or expertise, I think he should have the right to run as an American citizen.

Does it make any sense to be able to die in a war for a country you love, but can't run for president? In my opinion; No.

After all this country was started by immigrants, so what gives? Is someone a better candidate based on birth place?

I think it's prejudice.

I think it's BS Arnie can't run for president, no matter his political standpoint or expertise, I think he should have the right to run as an American citizen.

Does it make any sense to be able to die in a war for a country you love, but can't run for president? In my opinion; No.

After all this country was started by immigrants, so what gives? Is someone a better candidate based on birth place?

I think it's prejudice.

Agreed...I don't care where you're from as long as you do your job the way it needs to be done.

If the definition of "foreigner" being used is "one who is inelegible to be elected to the office of President of the United States due to his/her citizenship status" and if the person in question was born outside of the US to parents that are not US citizens, then, by definition, the person in question is a foreigner. From the flow of this conversation, I would say that both are true.

No where did jaap mention he was a foreigner buddy. Check the flow of the conversation again. I'm sorry, I just think this is an ignorant thread about assumptions. There is nothing really more to say here, he got his question answered and his intentions were to expose someone at work.

Agreed...I don't care where you're from as long as you do your job the way it needs to be done.

Couldn't have said it better.

Btw, my father is an American citizen, but my mother isn't. Because he was in the army at the time I was born (in Germany), I have the right to chose my citizenship. I was a German citizen for the first 15 years, but opted to go for American citizenship when I moved here. I don't have a birth certificate but a "Notification of birth of a citizen abroad" or something like that. Does that mean I can't run for President?