Plugging in front panel jacks to mobo

Hey i dont know where everything goes from my front jacks onto my mobo. I dont have a manual and the one i downloaded didnt help me at all, does anyone know where i plug in the reset and power switch buttons atleast? And maybe the front usb and firewire ports if possible... I really just want the power switch hooked up and i cant figure it out... Rig in sig

Do you mean your case manual or your board manual? You can download the board manual from the DFI site. http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/man...TYPE=LP&SITE=US It’s a pdf document.

If you look at the photo of my build, you will see some small multicolored wires that I have two black wire ties holding together in the lower right hand corner of the board. Those are the wires from the case to the motherboard. It is clear in the DFI manual where these connections are, and they are labeled on the board.

59770638.build07_0808.jpg

• 1 year later...

This post is useless and doesnt help the OP at all....most all maunauls I have to explain in easy terms how to hook up front panel hook-ups with appropriate pin-outs and wire labels and color codes as well as voltage assignment....Please for future use research before you post....

@ captin-planet: First off, please on shouting (THIS IS SHOUTING)

Second, I've never seen a motherboard manual that didn't have a schematic indicating where the front-panel switches/LEDs are connected; further, they are invariably also labeled on the motherboard itself.

boo hoo, so i got a bit exited and left caps lock on, does anyone need a tissue?

and yes Radodrill, i know that there are labels on the mobo but they are absolutely crap and w a y more useless than me leaving caps-lock on. (The labels do not indicate clearly exactly where/what goes, Power & HD Labels for example)+ Which way up do the connectors go? Ive just put them in random ways and it seems to work but im still not sure if its supposed to flashing or something but whatever, the thing can still boot windows.

The point i am attempting to make here is that something like this could simply be SOOOOOOOOOO much more simple if there was just some simple color code or a some picture. Its not like it isn't an important part of the setup or anything is it?

At the moment im guessing the board was designed only for super intellectuals who already know everything anyway, in effect leaving me very aggitated

p.s

I find CAPS LOCK much easier to read when it comes to hardcore-enthusiast forums like this one so it was actually SHOUTED for your convenience, what is the problem with SHOUTING ANYWAY? does it hurt your eyes to read CAPITAL LETTERS?

just questions, no offense taken i hope

"and yes Radodrill, i know that there are labels on the mobo but they are absolutely crap and w a y more useless than me leaving caps-lock on. (The labels do not indicate clearly exactly where/what goes, Power & HD Labels for example)+ Which way up do the connectors go?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

you need to chill a bit, the infos are in the manual, the HD LED is the only plugin that may need to be 'orientated' to work the LED activity light on the front of your case, and that is not detailed in the manual,

also, just so you won't get confused, the SATA 1/2 and Sata 3/4 are actually labeled backwards (3/4 is really 1/2, etal, visa versa), or it is a bios issue, whatever....

to the OP, as mentioned, as far as the rest of the hookups go, just download the the manual and read up, there are even little schematics to help....

good luck.

laterzzzz.....