Sign in to follow this  
UncleDavid218

Watercooling My PC-V2000 *Complete with pictures*

Very cool good to see the Lian-Li 2000 series getting some attention here at DFI. There awesome cases and I feel they are the best case on the market. Waiting on my Lian Li PC-V2000 server case (Silver)

So UD218 tell me why you chose that rad? Can you post some pics of it tonight?

My retailer is now beginning to stock a full line of DD. I'm thinking it'll soon be cuttin time... :D

Well, since this is my first EVER mod, I decided that, before cutting in the Lian-Li, I ought to practice on something.

So, my Antec Super LANBOY was the most logical choice :P

V2000163.jpg

V2000164.jpg

V2000171.jpg

So that's that, it was easy enough. However, I did not have the right tools (I had to use my step-dads tools and not my dads, which are much better). That being said, it looks good and I'm happy. As you may or may not be able to see, there are some jagged edges which will be taken care of after my trip to the Home Depot where I will get some C-Strip rubber molding. A final picture will be taken later. 2 days until my Danger Den stuff arrives.

My desk :D

V2000178.jpg

Everything's temporary (i.e. stock cooling) so I can test fit components.

Home Depot and Menards apparently have no clue what "c-strip" means, so I'll have to wait and order some from FrozenCPU later this week.

I may be ordering an Expert and the MAZE4 chipset waterblock as well, but we'll see.

Sorry this is going so slow, not much else I can do until my stuff arrives :rolleyes: Anywho, I was bored tonight so I decided to trace out where my radiator will be located. These lines look crooked in the pictures but that's because of the masking tape. They're not final but close to.

V2000182.jpg

V2000179.jpg

I initially wanted the radiator to go in the lower compartment but it seems as though it would be hard to access with a hole saw:

radprep058.jpg

If I can somehow figure out how to do that, then I will, but I need to talk to the guys at the metal working shop for their opinion.

nice, nice. Getting better every day.

Nice desk too by the way, although I think it's actually just the DFI LP and GameXstream that I am admiring.