Watercooling My PC-V2000 *Complete with pictures*

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered my Danger Den stuff. The final choices include:

Chrome Version MAZE4GPU - Both sets of hardware (for 7900GT and 6600GT)

X-Flow Stealth GTS 360 Black Ice - Black

Ceramique

Fill Syringe

Danger Den Fillport - Black

TDX and D5 Combo

Plastic Snap Tubing Clamps x 12

What sucks is I forgot to add in the 12' of Tygon 1/2" ID tubing so I had to leave a message with DD to see if that can be added -- shipping costs for the tubing by itself is $15... for all of the stuff together it's only $25. All other things needed will be ordered late next week. The case will be here tomorrow.

Just curious, are you still planning on getting an Intel system in a few months? Might want to see if you can get the universal mount for the TDX...beats having to buy another $20 worth of hardware in the future.

I only bring this up because I just got my LGA775 attachemnt in today for my silver TDX. Installation went pretty smooth, leak testing it now. Looks nice and all but it woulda been handy to have the necessary attachments beforehand...

Nice that Danger Den sells all the necessary hardware though, I went ahead and picked up the Intel attachments for my chipset block as well, seeing as how everybody is saying she runs warmer than the AMD counterparts...

Ahh... time for some pictures. The case made it in while the DVD burner is MIA (I suspect it is at my dad's shop somewhere)

Anyway... the first step was taking everything out that is not immediately needed

DSC_0003.jpg

Next, to ensure that the doors wouldn't get majorly scrached during the process, I taped them off with some masking tape

DSC_0002.jpg

Another shot

DSC_0004.jpg

And another

DSC_0006.jpg

A picture from the backside of the case

DSC_0008.jpg

My friends new Lian-Li G50 along side my V2000... quite a difference. He'll be putting in an Expert, X2 3800+, 7900GT, etc.

DSC_0011.jpg

My old Antec Super LANBOY next to the new monster

DSC_0021.jpg

The plan, in the end, is for ALL cables in the case to be sleeved black (or natively black, if possible). I will recieve my watercooling stuff from DD early next week, so no real "modding" can occur until then. The fans, cable sleeving, grills, coolant, and other modding accessories will be purchased when I get my paycheck, next Friday. I also bought a new NEC ND-3550A which will be covered in a carbon fiber vinyl. I think I may end up using the carbon fiber in a few other places... but I don't want too go to far with it. Also, I am considering purchasing an SLI-DR Expert as it is on sale and I have enough other components to build a respectable 939 machine from them (6600GT SLI, 3200+, etc.). Also, I am going to replace all case fans with either Panaflos or Papst, depending on which I decide on.

Haha, well I'm at my friends house so that would be his Nitro Team. I am actually going to start snowboarding again this year (took a 3 year break).

Thanks for the feedback!

Oh well i guess noone on here does snowboard besides me lol

Oh well i guess noone on here does snowboard besides me lol

Too many injuries. Sk8 and Sn0 are no longer a reality for the older folk here. I still wear skate shoes though...

Too many injuries. Sk8 and Sn0 are no longer a reality for the older folk here. I still wear skate shoes though...
I got sick of breaking legs and arms every summer... I "quit" this winter... though you can still find me out there skating every once in a while.