Watercooling My PC-V2000 *Complete with pictures*

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell you from experience, you want to use the most care possible when using machines. If you don't, they can do some serious bodily injury. You should be wearing shoes, and some safety glasses.

On a side note, that drill looks ancient. Kinda reminds me of the monster 1/2" drill I borrowed from my wife's grandpa to mix some drywall mud a few years back. Pull the trigger and it was on full blast. Not VSR at all...

Of course t_ski!

So many hazardous things have happend to me in my life already that I do know from experience... It also comes from my father as he owns an enormous machine shop and teaches me how to use the tools & machines properly... so when I need to use them, I use them right.

-Tom

Of course t_ski!

So many hazardous things have happend to me in my life already that I do know from experience... It also comes from my father as he owns an enormous machine shop and teaches me how to use the tools & machines properly... so when I need to use them, I use them right.

-Tom

That's the best way to learn. Sometimes others don't get that kind of experience to back them up, and they end up learning the hard way. :(

Guest DaddyD302

Pfffffft I am not impress........

Ok I lied, lol. WoW Uncledavid, man, I wish I had your patients and skills. Hey lookie here, you only live like 6 hours away from me. Perhaps you want a job of modding my next case?? LOL. I am very impress at your case and wish mine was as good looking as yours.

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to bring back an old thread, but my case was not complete (when is it ever!?)

Here are some shots with the new radiator, GPU block, and coolant installed. This time around, I also used 3/8" tubing.

It was a b1tch to get on, but I like it much much more!

A100WC053.jpg

A100WC064.jpg

A100WC039.jpg

A100WC069.jpg

My next mod is inspired by the powder coated Lian-Li PC-7s I saw at MNPCTech last weekend. :eek:

And yes, the case will be powder coated.

Yes, it will be watercooled, and yes, it will be quad core! (8800GTX SLI anyone?)

It's mounted to the top of the case, on the inside... you know, where it's always been ;)

It's a Stealth GTS 360. My old radiator was the Stealth GTS 360 X-Flow, so not a big upgrade, if at all :)

I'm going to do an "official photo shoot" in my dads warehouse, so I won't have outside shots until the time comes :eek2: