Sign in to follow this  
red930

[RESOLVED]Memory dividor issue at 11x on NF4SLI-D

I just got a new X2 4600+ and for some reason my RAM gets stuck on CPU/12 when I run at 11x multiplier. My RAM runs great up to (and over) 260 mhz at 2-2-2 at CPU/10, and I was running at the specs in my sig for many months without issue. I can still run it at 10x260, however when I set my multi to 11x the ram gets handicapped.

The BIOS reports 11x240 at set at FSB 01/01 (meaning the ram and FSB are both at 240) , but CPUID, and Sandra mem bandwidth disagree. 12x is fine, and 10x is fine. It appears that only 11x that has this issue, and of course, it looks like the "sweet spot" for this CPU/Ram combo is going to be somewhere around 11x260, so I need the 11x multi to work.

any ideas?

At stock the ram set at SPD and CPU is a 12x dividor. All works well, except I will never get 12x260 with this CPU. However at stock, I can pump it up to 12*230 (possibly higher if I tweak it) and the ram is at 230, like it should be.

Hmm... Now that I have tested various configs all morning, I have determiined that the 11x multiplier is just unstable at any speed. 10 and 12x are both fine. Wierd...

OK, I really feel stupid now. Under DRAM configuration there is a clearly labelled setting called "odd divisor correct" I had it enabled. After disabling it 11x works, and all is well. I am off to OC now.

You have the 06/23 BIOS in your sig. I thought Odd Divisor Correct was introduced with the 04/06 BIOS.

You have the 06/23 BIOS in your sig. I thought Odd Divisor Correct was introduced with the 04/06 BIOS.

Yup... sorry, I udated the sig, but left that off. Its corrected now.