problem with comp not booting

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the double post in advance.

so i took out my ram and tested it in another comp that has the asrock 939dual-sata 2 mobo in it and the same processor. it booted up fine. i then tried the corsair ram in my comp and it was a no go, same thing happened with the 3 diag leds staying on. so that leads me to believe that it is 100% the motherboard now. im going to run the thing overnight, the cpu clearing thing, and finish it when i get back from work tomorrow round 6pm est. so any new suggestions other than that?

After reading this post I can't support your conclusion.

How is the motherboard at fault if the RAM from another rig works fine?

It seems the problem lies with the Corsair RAM or am I missing something.

Please clarify your statements if I'm not reading this correctly,

no, im saying i tried MY ram in a computer that i know is working. it worked fine in there, no problems. i then tried the ram from that other computer, the corsair, the ram that i am 100% positive works, did the same thing as my ram. therefore if the 2 sets of ram had the same affect in 2 different systems and i know that the corsair is working just fine and still has the same issue, then i can say that it is not the memory at fault. and since the motherboard is the only thing connected to the ram and the led's tell me that it is having trouble with the ram, i would have to say its a motherboard problem since weve already ruled out the ram. that is what i meant by that.

Got it on the RAM testing now. If no RAM works in the DFI board but works on other boards, it's not necessarily the board. DFI boards require quality RAM as you've read on the forum. Just about the only way you can be sure that it's the board is to use RAM that's known good in a DFI board to test with.

thats sweet. and one more question for good measure: if i have to rma the board, and i get the same model board back, but not the one i sent in just the same model, will i have to reinstall windows?

The replacement motherboard should work right out of the box. You won't have to reinstall windows.