um..... X2 hates my Corsair

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, I was quite unhappy with my RAM for a long time ... Sh!t, I paid $250 for it and couldn't get it stable for nothing, $250 for DDR400 speed??? I was pissed.

Eventually I got out of my Socket A phase and realized this RAM runs fine with no real world performance loss @ lower speeds. A lot of people, especially Happy_Games, were trying to convince of of exactly that for almost six months before it sunk in.

I did eventually get the RAM stable, but it takes 2.93v, which was a bit scary at first, considering it's TCCD, but it's fine with a bit extra cooling.

Whatever you chose to do, I would stick it out a bit more and try every freaking setting you can find in the overclocking database and stock speed database. Ask people with the same chips what they are running, and see if it'll work for you.

I hate saying this, but I told you to stick with it.

On older platforms, like the nf2, 1T vs 2T made a very noticeable difference, not so much on the A64 platform, imo. Plus the higher CPU MHz you will be able to reach this way will more than make up for 2T and lower RAM speed.

2X Corsair DDR500 PT 1GB <====His

Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PT 2GB Kit DDR400 XMS <====Yours

Not the same.

this dont mater ALL Corsair 1 gig sticks use Infineon BE-5. so if you can find some settings for Infineon BE-5 or find out what memory uses Infineon BE-5 try there settings

OCZ PC3200 Platinum Edition - Infineon BE-5

Patriot PC3200 LL - Infineon BE-5

...Actually ran a bit over spec with zero problems.

Nice stuff.

I was pointing out that he had mentioned that his RAM ran faster than it's specs state, which is easier to do on ddr400 than ddr500.

Edit;

msmolt, why did you delete your post?