Sign in to follow this  
MikalCarbine257

Ultra-D from RMA will not boot

I recieved the refurb Ultra-D back from an RMA and I found the time to slap it in today. After swapping everything out I turn it on an I see solid 4 LEDs on the motherboard (if I waited it would turn to 3, then go back to 4 and the 4th would start to blink). I figured my CPU was fried so I took everything out and put it back into my expert. Thankfully the CPU wasn't dead and the motherboard posted fine.

My question now is, what could be causing this? The motherboard sat for a good week before I had the time to put it in. I am going to do an overnight CMOS clear tonight then try the steps listed here: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...04&postcount=24

If those don't work I am not sure what to do.. the motherboard was in questionable condition when I examined it when it arrived. There was some blue gunk on the top of the motherboard and melted solder on the CPU RM :eek: The only thing I could think of that it was shipped with an older BIOS?

You did clear cmos before the install if so try what you listed and let us know. Also may try with only 1 stick of memory in orange slot furthest from cpu.

as every one has been getting cold boot... i tried n tried triend things n didnt get it to boot even cleared cmos for a week same problem soo i just faced the facts and just returend it to dfi and got a new one and worked perfectly