Blue Screen Machine_Check_Error

Hello, I have been running my machine for about 3 months with no problems when yesterday i started to have problems with getting my machine to read my second harddrive. Then today, every time I boot my machine, it takes me to a screen where windows is "checkin file system on E:" It attempts to check but all the segments are unreadable. This is my second drive, so I disconnected it, and attempted to boot. Now it does the same thing but for drive C:. After running this, the machine gets a BSOD and says "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" It seems unlikely that both harddrives died on the same day, when nothing happened to the machine. If anyone has any ideas please help.

sounds like your having a problem with nforce IDE drivers. Did you install them when you installed the driver package? If so, remove the nforce drivers and reinstall without the IDE drivers.

Well no one can say for sure but can say for sure the the PSU is underpowered. Was the system 12hr prime stable before as if not you may have settings off and just corrupted the drives hard to say without more information.

When you say 12 hr prime, do you mean that the computer ran fine for 12 hours continually?

If so, the answer is yes. If you need any information please ask, I am fairly new to computers so I might not know what you are talking about (12hr prime as an example), but I will try my best. Thanks for all the help so far.

Well like lowboy said it probably corrupted your os after running for that long not being stable. You might want to reinstall and run prime to make sure your settings are not going to corrupt the os again. It is at least worth checking out, a good friend of mine had the same thing happening to his system but it was not taking that long to make his system unusable. In his case it was a few ram setting's that were to tight but his second harddrive was doing the same thing your's is.

You should think about getting a stronger power supply, 430 is really too low for these board's.