Sign in to follow this  
jazzpicker

How many languages can you speak?

... It would be so nice if there were no need for me to translate every single sentence like mentioned by ReelFiles.

Gipse

It would be really nice if I could switch back and forth (thinking in English or German), that would be the best option for me. I really want raise my son bi-lingual.

english,spanish,italian,brooklyn slang & l33t sp3ak, still mastering the language of love, just doesn't come out good when you're drunk :D

English (native)

Spanish (it's been a while since I've actively studied it, but I can speak it well enough)

C++ (fluent)

bash (about like my Spanish)

C (nearly fluent)

SQL (significantly worse than my Spanish/bash)

Java (about like Spanish/bash)

MIPS (it makes me want to pull my hair out; but since that's the SOP for assembly languages I guess it's OK)

XML (who doesn't love a language that you get to make up as you go?)

Guest area51

Barely one human...numerous machine languages.

@Gipse ...dude...you got pumped on the icon hahaha rofl first time I have seen it.

Hasselhoff ftw!

I'm in the same boat as Angry/Happy... English, tech/geek and a smattering of BS. I'm seeing a girl who is slowly teaching me some Polish and Russian but it's a struggle.

As most others here would attest to, as much as I try, female is a language that I shall never master :D

Fluent: English, BS, Technogab

Not so fluent: Japanese, Tagalag (Philippines) & Spanish

Programming languages: Cobal, Basic. Learning vBull, PhP, Java, Flash & XML

Fluent: Gealic(Irish), English, Techy, Smartass, and Machinist (As my highschool teacher would say, the only truely universal language)

Partial: Japanese

And I'm sorry but I don't speak womanese nor do I speak l337

OK

Shock time

English...Portugese...Spanish...Italian...French... some german about 60 percent proficient

Undertaking Korean about 70 percent Proficient enough to use in my job.

I work with these languages nearly everyday in my profession...

Indonesian and English!! w00t!

Indonesian kinda branches out to a few dialect languages (javanese (soft+rough), manadonese, sundanese, betawi..er..nese..., batak...nese...lma0)

English also branches out to American english and Canadian english...

Indonesian is first language, got english classes starting elementary n became mandatory on highschool, moved to canada, got into college, works.... etc...

also, 5-10words in french, 20ish words in japanese(anime FTW!!!), 1-2words in korean(i had a korean roommate), basic mandarin chinese(girlfriend....), a few kantonese profanity, a few italian (sister-in-law),......and a few i cant remember...

programming language, well, nothing i mastered, but graduated from computer engineering....... resume available upon request ;)