Sign in to follow this  
Sideburns

USB Camera issues.

Hey guys! Been a while since I've posted...

Anyways, I have been having trouble with my Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000. When I boot up, it gets past the windows loading screen, but it stops and stays black. It doesn't bother me if I unplug the camera before booting, though....

I was wondering....how do I update the USB drivers? I have the newest chipset drivers from Nvidia...but I dono if that includes them....or if they're separate...never really put much thought into the USB drivers before.

Also, is there some sort of way to make the camera drivers delay until after the startup, so that it doesn't screw up?

uhh... you have to update the drivers from logitech's site, if there are any newer versions.

USB drivers...not camera drivers...I have the newest drivers for the camera.

There are a few devices that you don't want plugged in when booting looks like you found one.

Ya, but I'd like for my computer to just....work.

Isn't there a way to delay the driver from loading immediately?

Can noone answer my questions?

Since it hangs when windows is starting, you could try;

run===>msconfig, should be under startup.

If that doesn't work you are SOL, sorry to say.

The Updated USB drivers come with Service Pack 2 if I'm not mistaken, and since they are in fact UNIVERSAL, it shouldn't cause the problems you're having....so I'd try out the CAMERA drivers....that came with the CD....not the newest ones from the website....I had a similar problem with my quickcam messenger....and it only worked properly with the drivers on the original CD....go figure...

The Updata USB drivers come with Service Pack 2 if I'm not mistaken, and since they are in fact UNIVERSAL, it shouldn't cause the problems you're having....so I'd try out the CAMERA drivers....that came with the CD....not the newest ones from the website....I had a similar problem with my qucikcam messenger....and the it only worked properly with the drivers on the original CD....go figure...

I'm pretty sure the CD and the website have the same driver version. But thanks, I'll try that later.

Did you install the drivers for the webcam correctly? I mean, I think there is a specific way to install these Logitech drivers. You start installing them without connecting the camera to the usb port and you only connect it when the wizard specifically asks for it.