Sign in to follow this  
sic_vl2000

Ocing x2 3800 Help me go higher

Hey guys i recently got a dual core x2 3800 since the price drops. The stepping of this little sucker is LDBFE 0614WPMW

At the present moment i have it runing at 2.8ghz using 1.45vcore and its stable on both cores for at least 7hrs, the second core errors around this time but the main core i stopped after 13hrs. Now with this overclock the cpu was hovering around the mid 40degrees to 50 at times. I know i still havnt found the limit of this cpu so how can i go higher without having heat problems with the cpu?

we recommend here at the street to stay under 50C

i would say get both core stable for 8-12 hres,

that way you will have a rock solid OC

we recommend here at the street to stay under 50C

i would say get both core stable for 8-12 hres,

that way you will have a rock solid OC

Seems to be pretty rock stable as im using it at these specs at the moment 24/7 and its fine when gaming as well.

has long has your temp are fine (recommended under 50C) and you vcore is under 1.55, i would push it to find his limit

Really nice chip you got there if it will run at 2800mhz with that voltage. I sure wish mine would it won't do that no matter what volts.Good Luck!

has long has your temp are fine (recommended under 50C) and you vcore is under 1.55, i would push it to find his limit

Thats the prob though its around the mid 40's to low 50 at the moment and i want to find its limit, should i try a vcore of 1.45v and see how that goes?