• Baseball
    • Cricket
    • Rugby
    • Other

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football ( Soccer ) is a game of skill and intense physical fitness. it doesnt just depend on just strength and speed. I dont see alot of skill in running into another player any way possible

American football is the most physical of all sports, the injuries that are sustained each year pretty much prove it. There is alot of strategy and coaching. Alot more to it than "running inot another player" goes. As far as futbol or soccer goes, I don't think getting knocked down and then rolling around like your legs were just ripped off and then 5 minutes later that same guy is running full speed around the field scoring goals can be taken seriously as a sport. I try to watch soccer, but it's just too silly to me.

I like the UFC best. Short forearms to the face FTW! I have a T-shirt signed by Randy Couture. My friends and I got invited to his hotel room in Vegas the night before his last fight and he signed all of our shirts and took pictures with us. It rocked (he lost his fight, though :sad: ).

Some UFC is awesome to watch, I just dont like the tapp outs. I'd rather see someone get floored by a killer punch or swift kick to the head. The wrestling side is just a let down and looks like girls fighting no offense to any wrestling fans out there. I like watching one guy and I cant remember his name but if he knocks someone down he lets them get up which has a certain amount of honor, then few ever get up after anyways lol.

I say give them weapons it would make great TV, I know i would watch it more...lol

American football is the most physical of all sports, ...

Read your message yesterday and didn't thought well what you said until now.

You are wrong, I was too... the most physical and brutal of all sports is Box, plain and simple. It shouldn't be this way, its a sport that should be played between gentlement, between educated men, between people who don't have any wrong feeligns towards one another... who looses mind will loose the fight. Instead we are led to believe its this war between two people who hate each other, and thats pretty much something that doesn't belong to the sport.

Racing sometimes is even more brutal and terrible than even Box... the faster the cars are, the more terrible things could be. Just watch how good drivers like Ayrton Senna or even the not so good Greg Moore (in comparison to Senna, even Prost was an amateur sometimes) got killed, and all this while driving these multimilion dollar cars (or 100k for G Moore's cheap CART)... motor racing, any kind even bykes, is not a joke :(

From the urban dictionary...

"1. motocross

24 up, 4 down

Off road motorcycle racing

Rated the worlds second most phyically demanding sport in the world below professional mens soccer.

It is a racing sport with dirt bikes

It includes many forms:

Supercross- indoor racing, tee-peed jumps, hairpin turns, ect.

Flattrack - (someone else explain)

Enduro - (someone else explain)

Trail riding - someone on a trail bike ridng in a feild or somthing

Motocross is all of those but mostly refered to as the outdoor national type tracks. Good dirt is somewhere beteen light brown to red and dark brown. Usually jumps are include and a whoopdidoo (whoops) section along with sweeper turns and such."

Funny, years ago i heard it was second only to RUGBY?

Back when the "motos" were 45 minutes plus one lap, if I remember correctly... yeah wow, MAJOR physical fatigue.

Rated the worlds second most phyically demanding sport in the world below professional mens soccer.

Um...Boxing is easily more physically demanding than soccer. I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with one more so...marathon running I suppose. That's all I've got.

Um...Boxing is easily more physically demanding than soccer. I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with one more so...marathon running I suppose. That's all I've got.

Nope, marathon isn't that big physical... i mean it is, but there are other activities more demanding, like ultra marathon, or what ever that is called; running for days, trying to reach 100+ km or something.

I am not sure Boxing is more physically demanding than others including soccer... it is the most brutal sport, indeed it is. Same with motocross, it is very physically but what is most is its technical needs: to be able to run those things under those circumnstances, like calculating every jump and surviving it each time, thats huge... same with WRC, which is similar to motocross but at 10x faster speeds, but in a car. But IMO 67 laps at Monza circuit in a F1 car, with G forces that go between 3 to 5+ G's (breaking and Parabolica corner) its quite challenging for any human being... just ask a WW2 or any other type of aviation dogfighting veteran about how long the engagements lasted, and how demanding physically they were, and he would tell you "a matter of seconds"... imagine they lasted for 1.5 hours? Impossible.

Its dificult to say which sport is more dangerous, which one is more brutal and specially which one is more physical... I guess if its not physical and a little dangerous and brutal, then its not a sport.