• American FOOTBALL
    • Futbol/Soccer
    • Hockey
    • Basketball
    • Baseball
    • Cricket
    • Rugby
    • Other

Football of course. And yes, I mean the real football not the american "I'll carry the egg with my hands over the pitch until some fatty knocks me off my feet" football.

I'd like to see soccer players strap on pads and hold their own against a crushing defense. :rolleyes:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see soccer players strap on pads and hold their own against a crushing defense. :rolleyes:

Dude that like comparing apples to oranges

Football ( Soccer ) is a game of skill and intense physical fitness. it doesnt just depend on just strength and speed. I dont see alot of skill in running into another player any way possible

There is a game where the players dont use pads, helmets and shoulder guards and is rougher tougher and way more brutal than NFL its called Rugby and it is to American football what Ice Hockey is to figure skating

With Rugby your not allowed to tackle above the waist you have to get your arms around the player's legs and prevent him running, meaning your gonna get a few kicks to the chest and possibly face when bringing someone down, takes serious balls to even attempt it. any one could run into someone from the side or head on. Id like to see the an NFL game with no pads or helmets and see how many of them are still standing after the game has ended.

@ Sorrento lol that had to be a great match , Did the ref make it home alive ?

IMO yes there is more contact in the American handball version... but I would prefer a 200 kg DUDE to hit me in the upper torso, breaking ribs if and shoulders if you like, than a nasty soccer defender sliding and breaking my legs and knees like some cavemen LOVE to do.

Its like what would you prefer? To be hit in the face with a fist, or to be kicked in your knees? I would prefer the face, I endure a lot there

@ Sorrento lol that had to be a great match , Did the ref make it home alive ?

Away game... ref was giving the local team all they wanted, and they had a free card to do anything: two big fouls, that normally deserve red cards, from them and the ref wouldn't even show a yellow.

Great match was at the first second, until the ref destroyed it... both teams were really good, the match promised a lot... but then again, they needed to play against 8 men to win :rolleyes:

Ohhh, WRC is GOOOOOOOOOOD too... its complicated to follow, thats what I like about it. The driving is probably as skillful as F1, or even more... however there aren't any G forces involved, at least not as tough as 5 G's like in F1.

Ohhh, WRC is GOOOOOOOOOOD too... its complicated to follow, thats what I like about it. The driving is probably as skillful as F1, or even more... however there aren't any G forces involved, at least not as tough as 5 G's like in F1.

Forgot about rally driving yeah man I love that too. when you get the camera in the car at 110mph down a dirt track with trees either side, even watching on TV makes the blood pump faster. Awesome sport

Forgot about rally driving yeah man I love that too. when you get the camera in the car at 110mph down a dirt track with trees either side, even watching on TV makes the blood pump faster. Awesome sport

HAHA, forget the trees... the people!!!!

People are not as close to the road like in old times, but still some people don't realise that standing on the side of the road AFTER a fast corner is going to mean danger sooner or later.

Here in the US, there's really only four popular pro sports and that's baseball, football, basketball & hockey. Soccer and rugby are also real sports, but they're just not that popular here. I can't call pool a sport, although I watch it, anything were you can wear formal attire just doesn't qualify in my book. Car and horse racing also don't qualify becuase it's the car and the horse that can be the determining factors.

When I was a kid, I grew up watching baseball. I guess I didn't know any better.

After high school, I watched football. I think it was the parties surrounding it that I enjoyed more than the game itself.

Then a friend of mine that I worked with had a brother Eric that became the captain of the Flyers. That's when I discovered that Hockey was better than baseball & football combined.

Then the Pistons (The Bad Boys), started winning. Basketball is constantly moving like Hockey which makes them both better than the slow moving baseball & football, but in basketball the score is also constantly changing.

Being a fan of all four, I'd still have to say that basketball is my favorite but hockey is a close 2nd.