ZALMAN thermal paste

Thanks.

The purpose of the gloves IS to keep from getting greese or residue on parts I shouldn't. And i'd rather not have to worry about that when putting everything together.

OK, the static discharger would be pointless for me to get, my house is old and is not grounded. I'll just find some big - metal thing like a car, and touch it before I work. I'll walk carefully :D

I wonder if static could go through latex gloves... something tells me they would insolate my hands from it so no.

OK, the static discharger would be pointless for me to get, my house is old and is not grounded.
ummm, if your wall outlets have three holes, then it is grounded. you would not be able to plug in your computer if it was not grounded. like i mentioned before, once you install your power supply and plug it into the wall (i dont think you have to actually turn it on), the metal of the power supply plus anything it is touching (usually the metal frame of the case) will be grounded also. so just touch those items every so often while working in your computer and you should be fine. that is what i have always done and have never had a problem.