What Motherboard To Get?

gigaybyte is more stable than anything else it has ok overclocking options but nothing like the abit has . you just really got to see the abits bios options to truely appreciate them. i was in aww when i built a system with the abit the cpu andvdimm voltage options are sweet and being able to control the n/b voltage is nice too

i will back the FIC-AU13, it is a good budget board that can handle OCing well. I also back the Epox-8rda+, also nForce2, which also OC's well, and is approx. the same price. ($80).

I have a K7S5A pro(ECS) and the A7N8X-DX(Asus) and have had the 7nif2 (chaintech), which have all been good boards, especially the chaintech and asus, good overclockers.

Ive heard many good things about the abit NF7-s, so i dont know why people rip abit so heavily, but abits seem to OC very well too.

I'm sorta the other way around. I'll admit I don't have as much experience as bigred, nor have I built as many computers. But my first board was gigabyte and it had all sorts of funky problems. Nevertheless I dont disagree that gigaybyte is a good board maker. But I still gotta say I like my abit.

how long ago did you get the gigabyte board? they admit to problems with the early kt400 mobos. bad bach of capacitors (which actually effected most companies). that was the only issue i've ever seen with them, and they openly admitted it, and took care of it in a timely manner.

i dunno bigred, my pal own an abit board, an old one (kt133 chipset) and one of my lan buddies used to have a NF7-S, which he liked a lot and did some crazy OCing with, but gave it to his bro or something cause he built a new one. they both like their boards, and havent had any huge problems, at least that i heard of.

and young-joseph here likes his NF7-S.

is it at all possible that you just got shafted in some way?

Edited by Shabadu

• 2 weeks later...

MBO ABIT, s. 478, IS7, i865PE, BUS 800 MHz, AGP 8x, serial ATA RAID, 5.1 sound, DDR400, USB 2.0, LAN, ATX 2

this is one great Abit mobo ,and it's not so expensive...it+s working without a flaw..and it's also great for serious oc...great bios...

i was wondering also what do you think about soltec mobo+s*? i had this in mind...

MB Soltek 86SPE-L, Sck478, Intel 865PE (Springdale), FSB800/533, SATA, UDMA100, BIOS FSB setting, 6PCI, AGP8x, 4DDR (Dual Channel, 400/333MHz), 6 channel sound, USB 2.0, LAN, HT, ATX

SOLTEK SL-02KIT - 1xSPDIF in, 1xSPDIF out, Surround/Rear out, Center/Subwoofer out - this is something for a 6 channel sound,...Abit's mobo is around 190$ ,ad Soltec is arond 140$...